Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently got the game and have not had a chance to play it yet. Hearing murmurings online though I am hesitant to try it with my easily frustrated significant other for 2 player. Does anyone with a better grasp of the rules (and several plays under their belt) think the game would work if each hero essentially had two turns per round? It seems to me this wouldn't break anything, but like I said I haven't played yet and don't have that great a knowledge of the villain decks. I would also love to hear alternative ideas if anyone has them. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking 2 hero turns between villain turns seems like it might work on paper, but one of the big things about having more heroes is not just the ability to "soak" more damage, but having differing powers to work with that might complement each other. If you use a hero whose power is less effective against a certain villain, you have no back up (or as many people you could assist in attacking the villain by giving extra turns, etc.). I might try it sometime and see how it works.

Again, on paper, it seems like it might work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Higdon
United States
madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've considered the two turns per player option as well. I don't see why it wouldn't work but haven't playtested it so I can't say for sure.

The easiest method is obviously to use 2 heroes per player. I can confirm that it works with no problem.

We've also considered using 1 character each, but using 1 or 2 additional characters on their incapacitated side to give the extra actions, etc. I figured it would be like having some other heroes helping you behind the scenes, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't really thought of the variety in character abilities to handle different circumstances. I think I would choose the hike in difficulty though over losing character attachment from controlling two heroes. I will have to give it a shot tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mosley
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use two heros who are particularly good against a certain villain, would that make 2 player games more feasible?

Of course it would get stale fighting the same two heroes against the same villain over and over, but if it would work, at least it would be an option.

I haven't played the game yet (I'm anxiously awaiting my copy) so I'm just takin a shot in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for this to wing it's way to me with baited breath, it looks like a lot of fun for rabid comic nut like myself.

I too have been wondering how best to play 2 player, or even solo. I hadn't really appreciated that character interaction would be a big factor, but it makes sense. That does seem to tie you to multiple heroes.

I like the idea of using incapacitated heroes. Can anyone with the game confirm if that's viable?

Would this solo suggestion work?

The player takes one active hero and deck, and then three incapacitated heroes as backup.

Turn order:

- Villain turn
- Hero turn
- Incapacitated hero turns
- Environment turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Christopher
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've played several 2 player games and here's what I've discovered.

With the right hero selection we were able to beat Baron Blade (probably the easiest villain) regularly. It was challenging but not impossible. Trying some of the other villains proved pretty hard though.

For a couple games we tried each player controlling two different heroes where each player would take 2 turns (1 with each hero) and it was pretty successful. If you want to try out every villain in the game with just 2 players this method works best in my opinion.

Honestly in a 2 player game hero selection is really important. If you pick two heroes that work well together and work well against the villain, you can win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife LOVES this game. Making me very happy, but also very confused. Here is how we rock it two player at this point:

She controls two heroes.
I control 1 hero and do all the villain and environment stuff. I think three is a really good number for it, without advanced mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony dowler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We started playing 2 player games this way almost immediately. It seems a little easy, but that may a factor of the heros and villains we used. It definitely seems a playable option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this turn order for 2 players:

Villain
Heroes First Turn
Environment
Heroes Second Turn

repeat.

I don't have the game yet, but it's on the way. And reading all these threads made me come up with this possibility...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also to mix it up you can just play against Omnitron without his advanced rules, with just 2 characters and normal rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has a good solution: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/872326/my-journey-to-fin....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.