Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading threads on here how BSW stinks, and so on... The main thrust of the complaints is finding random people to play online results in a mix bag of people to play that, unless you are just into hardcore play with strangers, lacks the social element.

A way around this would be to have a clan or guild for having people get to know one another and setting up game nights to play, that will be manned with people, so you can get a decent pool of people who are newbie friendly, and will have manners. I believe putting faces to the people being played, and not treating them like disembodied brains, would go far to help make play more enjoyable.

Anyone want to be part of this? Please speak up. I did another thread, and have gotten some replies to it, with a request I check here also.

Here is the thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/694105/anyone-up-for-having-...

I think if we can get some regular game nights going, and make sure they are manned, it will go far. I know I have run some in the past, and it went well. Sustaining with participants is key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil AnnergÄrd
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
asking in geekchat usally works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula Webb
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You should check out the people in Emerald City. They are super wonderful and have made my time playing on BSW quite pleasant.There is usually someone around that will talk to you.

Just type in /room C41.

You can also see what they are about at http://www.emeraldcity41.net/ECInfo/Default.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pau Simo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm also interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.