Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Groundhog meat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While at Wal-Mart yesterday, my mom overheard a conversation in which a customer was telling the door greeter that she had canned some groundhog (woodchuck) meat.

I looked up "eating groundhog" and some variations of it. This was one of the sites I visited, so eat up:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/groundhog-day-groun...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
See... I see eating groundhog no different than eating a Jack Russel terrier, a pig or a cow. Meat is meat and I find it all to be gross. Just because an animal is cute, is kept as a pet or is exotic so it is off the list does not mean that the other animals that we decide to eat don't feel pain or that they deserve to live miserable existences. So, groundhog meat is shocking? If you say so.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you leave my dog out of this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."

A. Whitney Brown
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

- Jack Handy
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heron Abroad
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well sure. Even Joy of Cooking has directions on preparing groundhog for eating. Also opossum.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
HeronAbroad wrote:
Well sure. Even Joy of Cooking has directions on preparing groundhog for eating. Also opossum.


I have an older edition of The Joy of Cooking that has illustrations on how to skin a squirrel.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaware has a time during the year when they eat a lot of muskrat. I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't try it, but there are a lot of people who look forward to it.gulp
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
See... I see eating groundhog no different than eating a a pig or a cow. Meat is meat and I find it all to be gross. Just because an animal is cute, is kept as a pet or is exotic so it is off the list does not mean that the other animals that we decide to eat don't feel pain or that they deserve to live miserable existences. So, groundhog meat is shocking? If you say so.


Thanks for the graphic content warning on the link!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
HeronAbroad wrote:
Well sure. Even Joy of Cooking has directions on preparing groundhog for eating. Also opossum.


I have an older edition of The Joy of Cooking that has illustrations on how to skin a squirrel.


My college roommate would hunt squirrels, skin them, and cook them in our dorm room. Pre-vegetarian days so I tried it. Wow - gamey.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Thanks for the graphic content warning on the link!


No more graphic than this:

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
Thanks for the graphic content warning on the link!


No more graphic than this:



yeah sure... there is no difference between fish which is food and puppies in cages, which is NSFW.






2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
yeah sure... there is no difference between fish which is food and puppies in cages, which is NSFW.


Those puppies are food. Don't you get what I am saying?

(and that is not fish, that is a rump steak)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
yeah sure... there is no difference between fish which is food and puppies in cages, which is NSFW.


Those puppies are food. Don't you get what I am saying?

(and that is not fish, that is a rump steak)


Yes I get what your saying. But the proper etiquette thing to do is warn people who do not need to or want to see, for personal or professional reasons graphic images.

There could be anyone at anytime here in this very public forum. I like to think that even kids can safely surf here without being supprised by something like that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Yes I get what your saying. But the proper etiquette thing to do is warn people who do not need to or want to see, for personal or professional reasons graphic images.

There could be anyone at anytime here in this very public forum. I like to think that even kids can safely surf here without being supprised by something like that.


True.... I don't let my kids look at images of bacon either. I wish people would stop posting bacon images on BGG as it is extremely disturbing, especially when least expecting it. Think of the children!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
pronoblem wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:
yeah sure... there is no difference between fish which is food and puppies in cages, which is NSFW.


Those puppies are food. Don't you get what I am saying?

(and that is not fish, that is a rump steak)


Yes I get what your saying. But the proper etiquette thing to do is warn people who do not need to or want to see, for personal or professional reasons graphic images.

There could be anyone at anytime here in this very public forum. I like to think that even kids can safely surf here without being supprised by something like that.


Whatever, sometimes when I tell people that I have Chinchillas for pets I get people linking to dead pelts. Hilarious. shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

- Jack Handy




When I chomp down on a tasty salad I imagine all the tiny screams and it just makes everything taste so much better. Sometimes I suffocate the plants first if the screams get annoying. I found that ranch dressing kills them quickest.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.