Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Runewars, can't comment on Earth Reborn (it's on my buy list).

But, I don't believe Earth Reborn plays 3. Those of you who own the game, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ER does play 3 pretty well. The missions that are in the rule-book are mostly 2 player missions, but I believe that the Ludically website has 3-4 player missions to step you through the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bagley
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are fantastic, but completely different. If you mostly have three, and have a while to play, I would go with Runewars (It is probably my favorite game). I think Runewars is playable but only decent with two. If you have somebody who you consistently play 2-player games with, Earth Reborn is a lot of fun to work through. It is also generally shorter, although some scenarios can take a while.

The biggest choice difference though is if you want a more epic, conquer the world style game than pick Runewars. If you want a squad based, storm the fortress style game than Earth Reborn.

I could see how Earth Reborn wouldn't be for everyone though. The rules are introduced slowly through the scenarios, and although they are amazingly intuitive there can be a lot to keep track of by the end. That said, that mass of rules can make for a game where you can really do whatever you like, and the result is often very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BIG difference between these two games, and a BIG difference between two or three players on these games.

The difference between the two games is stated by Justin well enough, I won't repeat them.

Number of players you will have most often is your key IMHO. If you are going to have two players more often than three, Earth Reborn is the better choice. Earth Reborn is the best two player game I've ever played, and the only game I've rated a "10," it is simply that good. Three and four player EB is not as strong, but still good. Runewars I have heard is not much fun at all two player, but plays three and four player very well.

For what it is worth, I think EB does what it does better than Runewars does what it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Both are great great games, but if my house was on fire I'd rescue Runewars first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patiently waiting for the zombie apocalypse...
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for Runewars! Great game

Though have not played the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.