Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Now why can't we have something like this setup for our games.....
OMG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCormick
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Tasteless Brute
mbmbmbmbmb
That video actually makes Monopoly look fun and relationship-building.

I knew I should have gone into advertising... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Suter
United States
Orlando
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well you must be the Monopoly Guy! By the way, thanks for the free parking." --Ace Ventura
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If we had an event like this for just the first 100 games on bgg... maaan, that would be sweet!!! 100 different events for a different game each time. Heck, we could have 365 games events. Each day, different event for a different day of the year. I think now I have a dream....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Davis
United States
Hobbs
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"women have different forms of persuasion that we can use in the game..."

not. fair. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The spirit of the event is not to be denied. The story behind the game of Monopoly is somewhat distorted by the film clip.

Although the true story of the game was proved in the US Supreme Court the fictitious story remains the most well known. Unemployed heating and ventilation engineer Charles Darrow did not invent the game to feed his family during the Great Depression. Replace the word "invent" with "copied" or "stole". To learn the true story go to the links provided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_%28game%29
http://www.antimonopoly.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet they actually play by the rules as written, not the rules as taught to me by aunt Bertha like so many people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
This video provides an interesting contrast to popular opinion on BGG. For me, Monopoly rates a solid 5. I'd enjoy it considerably more if it were shorter. The "roll and move" nature of the movement, also detracts from the experience. Could be a solid 7 with some tweaking.

The game is very accessible, I'll give it that. Lots of negotiation possible as well. Also, the people in the video seem to love the game, and show lots of enthusiasm.

I won't go see the movie in the theatre, but would be willing to Netflix it.

FoF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
falloutfan wrote:
This video provides an interesting contrast to popular opinion on BGG. For me, Monopoly rates a solid 5. I'd enjoy it considerably more if it were shorter. The "roll and move" nature of the movement, also detracts from the experience. Could be a solid 7 with some tweaking.

The game is very accessible, I'll give it that. Lots of negotiation possible as well. Also, the people in the video seem to love the game, and show lots of enthusiasm.

I won't go see the movie in the theatre, but would be willing to Netflix it.

FoF

For your consideration:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/14629/bankruptcy-and-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.