Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Breakout Normandy is missing the disruption markers, waiting for an answer from L2 can you suggest me how to replace them with other markers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have a pack of red plastic X's. Those are the new disruption markers. There are no longer disruption counters in the L2 reprint, since the X's allow one to see disrupted units and still see the defense value of the chit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I don't have those plastic X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wojtaszczyk
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did your game come with dice? I know at the WBC I picked up my copy and the dice and disruption X's were not in the sealed game because they didn't make it into the first batch that printed. Possibly you got one of those copies. L2 will probably get you out the missing parts once they get back to you.

In the short term, they seem to be ceramic floor tile separator X's, painted red on one side and white on the other. If you wanted a quick alternative while you await a reply from L2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Badinelli
Italy
Lonato
Brescia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kwojtasz wrote:
Did your game come with dice? I know at the WBC I picked up my copy and the dice and disruption X's were not in the sealed game because they didn't make it into the first batch that printed. Possibly you got one of those copies. L2 will probably get you out the missing parts once they get back to you.

In the short term, they seem to be ceramic floor tile separator X's, painted red on one side and white on the other. If you wanted a quick alternative while you await a reply from L2.

That's exactly my case, I'll check for the tile separators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot grasp the logic of using plastic bits to represent disruption. Better to have made the original counters easier to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
I cannot grasp the logic of using plastic bits to represent disruption. Better to have made the original counters easier to read.
I think the idea is that you know the counter is disrupted by the marker AND you can still see the counter underneath it. this is a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Eliason
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
Don Greenwood was in charge of the redevelopment and he always used plastic X's for disruptions when he played, even with the AH version of the game. The old disruption counters were hard to tell Americans from Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.