Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

if you place a resistance Counter during an the event phase of a co op game in a space where 1 alien unit is... can the alien unit move away in the following action phase to any other/adjacent space?

Will the battle only fought during the battle phase or at the moment you drop the resistance counter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that if a resistance counter is placed where one or more aliens are, a battle immediately occurs. Sort of an interrupt in the turn flow to resolve the battle.

Based on that, I think you'd need to go one round of fighting before withdrawing. I could definitely be wrong about this but that's how we've been playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The placing of the Resistance Counter will not disrupt the turn order, but an alien can not use an action to move away if there is resistance in the space he is in.

Rather, he must stay there and will eventually result in a battle (or retreat) once the battle phase begins.

For example, if you land in a space with a resistance counter than your aliens can not leave that landing zone during your actions phase. They are held in place by the resistance counter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem.

Those supertanks can really mess up your plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
The placing of the Resistance Counter will not disrupt the turn order, but an alien can not use an action to move away if there is resistance in the space he is in.

Rather, he must stay there and will eventually result in a battle (or retreat) once the battle phase begins.

For example, if you land in a space with a resistance counter than your aliens can not leave that landing zone during your actions phase. They are held in place by the resistance counter.

Hmmm ... The rules clearly state that you DO interrupt the flow of game to resolve a battle when you place a counter where an alien is. What you are saying sort of makes sense only if after resolving the battle both alien and resistence are still there, but i don't believe that to be possible unless i'm forgetting about some special effect that allows that...
So by the next battle phase, either the aliens or resistence counter would have retreated or been destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. The rules seem pretty clear to me that if there is ever a Resistance token and an alien ship in the same location, the turn is interrupted and there is battle *immediately*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collis Jeppesen
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvang wrote:
I agree. The rules seem pretty clear to me that if there is ever a Resistance token and an alien ship in the same location, the turn is interrupted and there is battle *immediately*.

In a cooperative game, the Resistance Phase allows Resistance tokens to appear and some move around the map. If the token moves into a location where there are aliens, the battle is fought immediately.

If the aliens move into a location that has a Resistance token, the alien must stay there and fight the token (and any other resistance cards that the location requires), during their normal battle phase.

If a landing zone doesn't have any aliens in it and a Resistance token gets bumped into the landing zone during the Resistance Phase, any landing aliens will have to stay in the landing zone and will fight the Resistance token during their normal battle phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.