Ryan Horwath

Lakewood
Colorado
msg tools
So in the second stage it says

Forced: After a card effect heals Wilyador, remove that card from the game.

Does this include Radagast, or Glorfindel?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the definition of "card effect" on page 23 in the rulebook, I think the answer is yes. Eek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it another scenario where you just power up in the first stage and then walk through the rest of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Heidenreich

Palm Bay
Florida
msg tools
In the FFG preview, however, they seem to indicate that Glorfindel could play a prominent role in this scenario, which makes me think that it doesn't apply to him.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2555

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Cloggie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking at the description of contents in the core set, player cards and hero cards are separate things. So I would argue Glorfindel is not a player card and will not be discarded. Radagast would, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DH 0001 wrote:
In the FFG preview, however, they seem to indicate that Glorfindel could play a prominent role in this scenario, which makes me think that it doesn't apply to him.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2555

That is what the article seems to imply, but the article was problematic in a couple of other ways as well, for instance in suggesting that Self Preservation could be used on Wily (it can't) or that Glorfindel could heal Wily from turn 1 (he can't due to Rhosgobel's text). My feeling is that the forced effect applies to characters as well, meaning you can use Glorfindel or Radagast to heal him once, then they're out of the game.

clydecloggie wrote:
Looking at the description of contents in the core set, player cards and hero cards are separate things. So I would argue Glorfindel is not a player card and will not be discarded. Radagast would, though.

The quest doesn't say "player card effect", just "card effect", so I think this difference doesn't apply here.

ninjadorg wrote:
Is it another scenario where you just power up in the first stage and then walk through the rest of it?

I'll be reviewing the expansion sometime next week, but for now I'll just say that, after three (well, two and half) play-throughs, this is not the case. You can't dawdle in this game since Wilyador is a ticking timer that is very hard to slow down, so you have to move pretty quick. My partner and I have found so far that this quest is heavily reliant on encounter deck draws for determining success or failure. I'd like to give it more plays to see if there's not a way players can reduce this randomness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

I'll be reviewing the expansion sometime next week, but for now I'll just say that, after three (well, two and half) play-throughs, this is not the case. You can't dawdle in this game since Wilyador is a ticking timer that is very hard to slow down, so you have to move pretty quick. My partner and I have found so far that this quest is heavily reliant on encounter deck draws for determining success or failure. I'd like to give it more plays to see if there's not a way players can reduce this randomness.

Be very interested to see how this turns out - look forward to your review then. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can add a little to this. I have played this quest twice. Lost the first time miserably. Won the second time pretty much with ease. In the second go around, I got very lucky to pull three of the healing herbs very early though. The challange here lies in the fact that it will be very hard to win this quest without at least 2 herbs and the deeper you dig to get them, the more likely you are to get a treachery card that just devistates your heros and characters. Of course there are ways to prevent taking each of these treachery cards in the face, but they can start to add up the more time you spend on the quest. 5 Exhaustion cards plus many of the other ones can go through your heros like butter.

So far, I think it is more enjoyable and creative than the previous two expansions. It should be noted that my comments above are based on playing for both players in a 2 player setup. I find that playing just a solo deck in almost any scenario is either too hard or too easy depending on the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.