Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up in our game yesterday. Someone was playing the Tomb Robber whose special text says that they're not allowed to have Sidekick Allies. What happens if he buys an Ally and it's a Sidekick?

We played that he simply discards the Ally and draws a replacement.

THEMATICALLY, one of the players argued that your Glory spent attracts a random individual to your cause, but the Tomb Robber just doesn't like sidekicks, so he rejects him.

Also, we found some allies (like the President) that have a location listed. What's the deal with these guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Weber
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:
This came up in our game yesterday. Someone was playing the Tomb Robber whose special text says that they're not allowed to have Sidekick Allies. What happens if he buys an Ally and it's a Sidekick?

We played that he simply discards the Ally and draws a replacement.

THEMATICALLY, one of the players argued that your Glory spent attracts a random individual to your cause, but the Tomb Robber just doesn't like sidekicks, so he rejects him.

I'd go with the discard and draw. At 5 Glory per flip it's a rough hit to say 'oh sorry, can't use this one'. Or if someone has issue with the discarding, redraw then shuffle the Sidekick back into the deck.

Quote:
Also, we found some allies (like the President) that have a location listed. What's the deal with these guys?

Also curious about this one. Could be a tag for the expansion, but a heads up on its use from FF would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rulebook said something about keywords not covered are for future expansions.

Played it last night. I think it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saphon wrote:
Also curious about this one. Could be a tag for the expansion, but a heads up on its use from FF would be nice.

Look in the glossary. An ally with a location stays in that location and doesn't travel with the player. It does, however, count against the limit of 3 Allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! The piece in question is under "Immobile". So I'm guessing that if I have an Avalanche (for instance), I wouldn't need to roll to avoid that ally getting sweeped away. Similarly, he probably can't steal an artifact when he runs away if I'm not in the given location.

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.