Age of Mythology: The Boardgame» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 2 on 2 session report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday/early this morning I played a 2/4 player game. I used a rule variant for two player where each human player controls two civs.

The turn order went: Greek(him), Celts(me), Egyptians(him), Norse(me)

Celts are Crespi's creation: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/404893/new-civ-project-celts

The game got started around 930 pm and didn't end until around 330 am. It didn't really take 6 hours. There was the standard 30 - 60 minutes explaining the rules and I don't know how much time was consumed with a long string of interruptions. so the actual length of play was probably less than 3 hours.

The guy I was playing against had played strategy games before and didn't suck horribly. I did need to explain pretty much everything though.

Overall: we had deathmatches almost every battle. If someone gave up and retreated it was usually me. This left our armies greatly depleted through most of the game. I think the largest army anyone had was only 8 guys. Also he liked using Medusa. Winning ties is a great ability even if you're using the 5/6 variant. I'm not sure if I counted out the right number of VP cubes. The game seemed to take longer than it usually would. I should go back and double check to see if 30 was right. anyways, Egypt was the only Civ to have only a medium sized city at the end. did I mention that the Greeks had over a dozen buildings AFTER getting pillaged 3 times?

Funny moments:
one was him doing a gather all and giving the celts the resources to build the Wonder(and a great temple) and win. I decided not to and instead built a great temple, storehouse, and granary.

Another was seeing a collosal upset where a spearman managed to somehow kill a frost giant....

In the end, the Celts won, but it was a hard fought victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
um, you're welcome? *has no idea what you're thanking me for*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.