Subject: Centurion Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
Canada
Kitchener
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the details of centurion movement.

I understand that when a heavy raider icon comes into play, you must move the heavy raider towards the closest viper launch icon. The rules also state:

Quote:
Whenever there are centurion tokens of the Boarding Party Track and heavy raiders are activated [even by a revealed Cylon player], each centurion token moves one space towards the "Human Lose" space

Does this mean that the token moves AND any all heavy raider pieces on the gameboard move or just only the Centurion token move?

Along with that, one of the points in the FAQ sheet from the FFG website is unclear.

Quote:
Q: What happens if all four Centurions tokens are on the board and a heavy raider at a viper launch icon is activated?
A: The heavy raider is not removed from the board since a centurion cannot be placed (due to component restrictions).

When happens when a Centurion is destroyed? Does this destroyed Centurion magically board this heavy raider and is capable of reboarding the Galactica the next time the heavy raider activated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_guy_1999 wrote:

Does this mean that the token moves AND any all heavy raider pieces on the gameboard move or just only the Centurion token move?

Yes, both Heavy Raiders and Centurions move with a heavy icon.

golden_guy_1999 wrote:

When happens when a Centurion is destroyed. Does this destroyed Centurion magically board this heavy raider and is capable of reboarding the Galactica the next time the heavy raider activated?

No, if all 4 Centurions are on board and one is destroyed it allows for a heavy raider on the next heavy raider activation to board at the start of the jump track if the heavy was in a space sector with a launch tube.

Remember to treat each centurion as an individual who moves one space closer (my brothers group though all four had to be on to lose the game and they didn't 'walk' down the track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a visual. Note your browser may not space this correctly.

In this example we have 3 centurion tokens on the Start space and 1 two spaces away from victory.

Two heavies are outside the door and 1 more in front of Galactica.

Cent Track
Destiny | Quorum | Start | One | Two | Three | END
x4
x24
x3
x1
\
x1 |
x1 /
\ | /
x1

/
x1 |
xK
xB
x2 \
/ |
x4 \

A heavy raider icon would move the centurions one space forward so the one furthest on the track would be one space away and the other 3 would move to the 'one' space.

The 2 outside the right launch tube would sit there per the FAQ and the one in front of Galactica would end up in the space of the left launch tube.

Now if one centurion was destroyed then the three on the start space would move forward, one of the two in the right launch tube area would board at the beginning of the track and the heavy in front would fly down to the left launch tube.

Anyways, hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Here is a visual. Note your browser may not space this correctly.

FYI, the formatting and layout looks fine on Internet Explorer 7

Danath wrote:
A heavy raider icon would move the centurions one space forward so the one furthest on the track would be one space away and the other 3 would move to the 'one' space.

The 2 outside the right launch tube would sit there per the FAQ and the one in front of Galactica would end up in the space of the left launch tube.

Now if one centurion was destroyed then the three on the start space would move forward, one of the two in the right launch tube area would board at the beginning of the track and the heavy in front would fly down to the left launch tube.

Anyways, hope that helps!
Huh, did NOT notice that. I thought the heavy raider would just goes away without placing a cent that doesn't exist due to hitting the components limit on centurions. I've seen a few games lost on food, but I can't recall a game where a 5th cent had to be placed on the Boarding Party track. IIRC, I don't think it would've mattered even if we played it correctly, but good to know this!

Quote:
Q: What happens if all four Centurions tokens are on the board and a heavy raider at a viper launch icon is activated?
A: The heavy raider is not removed from the board since a centurion cannot be placed (due to component restrictions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

Huh, did NOT notice that. I thought the heavy raider would just goes away without placing a cent that doesn't exist due to hitting the components limit on centurions. I've seen a few games lost on food, but I can't recall a game where a 5th cent had to be placed on the Boarding Party track. IIRC, I don't think it would've mattered even if we played it correctly, but good to know this!

Quote:

Really the answer should be;

A: Give up.

ackmondual wrote:

It also depends on the size of your text. For people who are old and blind the format looks terrible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Kitchener
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Danath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Quote:

Really the answer should be;

A: Give up.
Let's not be too hasty... I've seen people have too much fun being an unrevealed cylon that by the time they reveal and managed to get something like Cylon Intruders fail, then it's already too late. THere's only one jump cycle left shake

Danath wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

It also depends on the size of your text. For people who are old and blind the format looks terrible!

For those who may have issues with the "text version", here's my take with full images.....

BEFORE

AFTER

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.