Subject: Is the Treasure Chest still available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see people paying ridiculous prices (like US$40+) on ebay for the Puerto Rico expansions and it almost makes me want to cry.

If the Treasure Chest is still available then these people are getting seriously ripped off. Even in NZ (where prices are higher than US) I got the entire Treasure Chest for around NZ$45.

The other thing is that if people buying these expansions just because they have Puerto Rico would be better off getting the Treasure Chest and that may then lead them into getting some other great euros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still available in the US. The issue with high Ebay prices may be two-fold: first, there was a long while when the Puerto Rico expansions weren't available at all (and possibly some folks aren't aware of the Treasure Chest containing those). And second, perhaps, as you state, they don't want the other expansions. It might seem a reasonable plan -- "I'll just buy the expansion I want" -- or even something of a defense mechanism -- "if I don't buy them all, I won't be tempted to then go and buy them all."

But yes, still available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I purchased one from amazon for $20 not too long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a complete Treasure chest up for trade!

Well it's not complet any more, since the PR expansions have been sold off.

The rest is still up for trade/sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The original expansion for Puerto Rico has dedicated Forest Tiles that don't come in the Treasure Chest version. That might be a draw for some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the dedicated tiles are just the flipped over ones from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.