Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What color are the Gent and Luxembourg hexes on the 2-player map supposed to be? Both could be either of two colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dour
United States
Hillsoboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Auricle wrote:
What color are the Gent and Luxembourg hexes on the 2-player map supposed to be? Both could be either of two colors.

We ran into this when we played last night - I think we decided that Gent was purple, and Luxembourg was blue. Seemed to play fine that way, but another blue got urbanized early in the game. That being said, it's entirely possible that they're both purple, and the only blue comes via urbanization. . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into this issue too. I think Gent is definitely purple: originally I thought luxembourg was not a color at all, but my opponent convinced me it is purple too.

Though now that I think of it, blue might make more sense.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gent is Purple. Luxembourg is Blue.

Clearly the blue layer got dropped back somehow in printing which is why Luxembourg looks less blue and more purple.

Because of this, the original file for the canal that was light blue like the base Steam maps printed near white. For future reference, this is intended to be treated as if it is a standard river.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why weren't the numbers on the maps colour coded the same way as the original map? Purple cities had white numbers while blue cities had black numbers. Will this be fixed in a reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izak Marais
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Why weren't the numbers on the maps colour coded the same way as the original map? Purple cities had white numbers while blue cities had black numbers. Will this be fixed in a reprint?

I am also very interested to hear whether there are plans to fix this in future reprints. As a colour blind player, the white/black numbers on the blue/purple cities where a necessity for me to be able to tell them apart easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elliott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
izakmarais wrote:
Quote:

I am also very interested to hear whether there are plans to fix this in future reprints. As a colour blind player, the white/black numbers on the blue/purple cities where a necessity for me to be able to tell them apart easily.

I'd also like to know if there will be a reprint fixing this...I want to buy it but if the colours on the board are unclear, I'd probably rather wait for a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really necessary to know which city is which colour? There is only one of each on the board, right. If so, you could determine before the start of play which is which, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Is it really necessary to know which city is which colour? There is only one of each on the board, right. If so, you could determine before the start of play which is which, correct?

Of course it matters - it goes to the heart of quality control and producing a fine product.

You might be willing to accept flawed productions values - I am not and will complain when being sold such goods.

Company explanations and apologies are NOT enough. DO something about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.