Space Empires: 4X» Forums » General

Subject: Limited counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Campbell

Littleton
Colorado
msg tools
Are the some of the other counters: i.e. Bases and Ship yards also limited for play balance, or limited by the number of counters that could be provided in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
Everything was more limited by the number of counters available - although with the bases I was also steering people away from thinking about turtling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
turtling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Everything was more limited by the number of counters available - although with the bases I was also steering people away from thinking about turtling.

I think you said it elsewhere, but where do Miners stand on this point? Was the two miner decision based on space on the counter sheets or play balance?

For the most part, I do not think the counter mix limits play options in a bad way, but miners - well, it seems to me that building your second miner early is almost an automatic decision, and so it kind of bugs me.

Maybe there are ways to play with a single miner, but it just seems like a false choice in a lot of respects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
Depends on the scenario - on a small map I will not always build the second miner.

Limiting to two miners was more because we are limited in the number of counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.