Subject: New ideas for quests and special cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
The Dwarf King seems to start well, so I'm already looking for ideas for new quests and special cards, for a possible expansion or for goodies. It's not that easy, mostly because all the best ideas I had are already in the basic game. I've found six or seven ideas so far, but that's not enough. So, if you have ideas, you can post them here or email them to me.

A good quest or card idea must
• be fun to play
• feel different enough from the existing ones
• be simple to play
• be simple to explain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fun. The game looks really great (going to play it for the first time today).

How about for a card: "When you play this card, you get to decide who wins that trick." I'm thinking it would be a value 1 in one of the suits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Brown

Rosenberg
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got my copy today and it looks wonderful! Fantastic production value!

Suit
Elementals: Fairy, Gnome (riding a fox?), Water Nymph, Stone Giant, etc.

Quest Tiles
Conspire: For winning exactly two Queens, steal one point from each opponent.
Diplomacy: For winning two or more Kings, every opponent gets one point and you get one point for every opponent.

Tournament: Everyone with a Champion counts their cards of that suit. The player with the most adds as many points.
Revolution: Each player looses one point for every Royal.

Gamble: Every player wagers a number of points, which they will earn for taking at least as many tricks, or lose otherwise.
Target Practice: Questgiver chooses a number of tricks to win. Whoever gets closest without going over gets two points.

Parade: Player with the longest run wins one point per card in the run.
Double Trouble: Player with the most pairs of ranked cards wins as many points as pairs. Player with the least loses two points.

Hidden Agenda: Each player secretly draws their own quest tile and selects one quest to complete. Quests are revealed after the last trick. Scoring for each quest applies to all players.

Special Card
Masquerade: Declare this card's rank and suit. If the real card has already been won in a trick, you must correctly identify who has it or you are revealed and lose this trick. Or, a player may reveal the real card from their hand, and you lose the trick. Card has no rank or suit for scoring.

Random Idea
Keeping score could be done with little gems or trinkets, although going negative would be hard to see. Or, include a relative score track like in Galaxy Trucker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dufresne
Canada
flag msg tools
I don't have specific idea for new quest, But i think that having a global quest and a personal quest that you are the only one to know could be fun.

Maybe not the same quest that exist but other more simple, like "try to catch the Dwarf number 5" or "Make more "pli it's call Trick?" than your left player".

Maybe player could take more than one personal quest but those not completed by the player will make him lose point.

I'll try it next game if i found some good idea for personal quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimic (value 1): Your score at the end of the round is the same as whoever wins this trick, instead of what you normally would score.

Edit: I hope you include partnership rules too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how about adding another suit like i don't know trolls for instance with their respective number 5 power and champions?

number 5 troll: whoever wins this card next round gets double points (even doubling malus if the quest chosen is one that gives minus point)
or for a more "take that" effect that applies to the current round.. play test may be required if you think this is a good idea for a card

trolls are stupid but at the same time they pack quite a punch!

i'll think about the other cards for completing the suit…

of course if you want to add quest too we must think about how another suit combines with the rest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably you no longer need these ideas, but I'll post as I come up with them.

Quests

The High Road and The Low Road: +X points if you either take more tricks or fewer tricks than any other player.
Middleman: +X points if you took more tricks than a player and fewer tricks than another player.

Conquest: +X points for each trick that includes more than 1 suit.
Infighting: –X points for each trick that includes more than 1 suit.

Special Cards

11 of Suit: The lowest card of the led suit wins this trick.
Poet (1 of Knights): You lead the next trick regardless of who takes this one.
Brewmeister (1 of Dwarves): Throw this trick out; nobody takes it. The same player who led this trick leads the next one.
Assassin (1 of Goblins): After this trick, if one player has taken more tricks than any other, that player gets –3 points.
Phantom (Magic): You may only play this when leading a trick. When you play this, choose a suit. This becomes the 1 of that suit. Each other player must play his highest card of that suit (or any card if he cannot). If you are forced to play this into the last trick and do not lead, you do not win that trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.