Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Prichard
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I had a few questions for the rules about Memoir 44 and if anyone could help that would be great.

Firstly, if I don't have a Command Card that I can use is it okay to just skip my go and get a new one?

Also is it possible to fire at someone in a forest / town hex?

I'm assuming it's okay to fire at someone FROM a forest / town hex.

Thanks for any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobhoffnee wrote:
Hello, I had a few questions for the rules about Memoir 44 and if anyone could help that would be great.

Firstly, if I don't have a Command Card that I can use is it okay to just skip my go and get a new one?

Thanks for any help.

1. You can PLAY a card, not take any actions and then draw another card, but I've never needed or wanted to do this.

2. Yes, and artillery does not get any dice penalty for doing so.

3. Yes, but armoured units take a 2 dice penalty when firing from a town hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Prichard
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff, thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
bobhoffnee wrote:

It is possible to get 4 or 5 cards for one section or another and have zero units on that section, but hopefully at least one of those section cards would be a RECON 1 allowing you to pull two cards and choose one to keep.shake

Unless the fortunes of war are completely against you, those two cards should not both be for your unoccupied section!whistle

Edit: Choose not chose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
New Zealand
Rolleston
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Memoir 44 FAQ is a good place to look when you have questions of rule or card interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lard Head
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobhoffnee wrote:

Thanks for any help.

1. You must play a card, even if you don't have anyone it can apply to (or you choose not to do anything with the units it could order).

2. Yes, the modifiers are listed on the terrain cards and in the terrain rules. You can't fire through a hex that blocks line of sight, but you can fire into it.

3. Yes, any potentially applicable modifiers for doing so are listed in the same places as the modifiers for shooting at someone in those terrain types.

+1 for the FAQ that Mark posted, that's a good source of info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.