Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
German and English rules are in the bgg files section.

What sort of info are you looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The HYPE maybe...

Reading through the rulebook is interesting and definitely raises attention as it seems to be a good game.
But nowadays as I am conditioned by FFG rulebooks, this one seems dry without pictures.
(Even the style of the examples suggest sometimes, that there should be pictures accompanied. Is this rulebook the final one, or just the "web" version?)

So, we could definitely take some pictures, or play example, or preview. But I guess we will get that at Essen.

I'm looking forward to this one, as Glen More is one of my favourites. (nb. same designer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I JUST noticed, that the German version of the rules DOES have pictures...
We absolutely need that in English, and I hope it will be included in english in the game!
Will it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
horlaci wrote:
OK, I JUST noticed, that the German version of the rules DOES have pictures...
We absolutely need that in English, and I hope it will be included in english in the game!
Will it?

No, the German version of Helvetia definitely will not include English rules.

Kosmos does include German rules only, because Kosmos does not distribute games outside the German speaking market. Therefore, rules are not included in any other language than German. Kosmos works together with license partners all over the world, but it is up to them whether they pick up a specific game or not.
If the game is going to be released by one of our partners for English-language territories, then this partner will localize the game and (of course) the rules - but not earlier.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are pretty many Kosmos games in my FLGS. I hope it's not black import...

Anyway, once an english publisher picks it up, probably the rulebook will be posted here, so that's OK if it's not included in the box.
And fortunately hungarian fans already started the translation, hopefully they will insert the text in the german edition, with the pictures.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
horlaci wrote:
There are pretty many Kosmos games in my FLGS. I hope it's not black import...

There are always ways to import games, so don't worry. But unlike other major German game companies, Kosmos does not have an international distribution, so generally speaking, our games are produced for the German speaking market and therefore include German rules only.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one who is eager to hear more about the game, I might even buy the German version, if it is fairly language neutral...

My only concern right now is whether the 2 player game will be similar to the 3-4 player game. Reading the rules it might seem as if it will lose a bit of tension and competition for places with a neutral player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Rapp
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The game itself is language neutral, no text on any components.

The 2-player is similar to the 3- and 4-player game, but of course, with the neutral village, there are differences.
In some aspects, it is quite a different game. In 3-/4-games, if you marry into another village, you get something (production) and give something (opponent gets a couple). In the 2-player-game, if you marry into the neutral village you get something, but don't give something. And you are taking away something from you opponent. So although you are doing the same things basically, it has a different impact on the game.
Same is true for building. Building for the neutral village allows some very versatile moves.
So there is enough tension and competition (perhaps even more competition, which is quite natural for 2-player-games), but in different ways than in multiplayer.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Sounds to me like there is no English version planned whatsoever. By that I mean an official rules book with photos and someone in the USA handling distribution.

Is that a true statement? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pratchettfan777 wrote:
Sounds to me like there is no English version planned whatsoever. By that I mean an official rules book with photos and someone in the USA handling distribution.

At the moment, by which I mean there's been no announcement as far as I know. However, I would be amazed if this didn't get picked up for distribution in the states. So I would change your "whatsoever" to a simpler "yet".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
After Lancaster and Glen more, even without the amazing theme, this has turned into an instant buy. Will there be any shipping options, or anyone who's willing to go into a bulk purchase together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Broen Thorning
Denmark
Ebeltoft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian Rapp wrote:
The game itself is language neutral, no text on any components.

The 2-player is similar to the 3- and 4-player game, but of course, with the neutral village, there are differences.
In some aspects, it is quite a different game. In 3-/4-games, if you marry into another village, you get something (production) and give something (opponent gets a couple). In the 2-player-game, if you marry into the neutral village you get something, but don't give something. And you are taking away something from you opponent. So although you are doing the same things basically, it has a different impact on the game.
Same is true for building. Building for the neutral village allows some very versatile moves.
So there is enough tension and competition (perhaps even more competition, which is quite natural for 2-player-games), but in different ways than in multiplayer.

Sebastian Rapp / Kosmos

Sebastian, thank you very much for the response. Fears allayed a great deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
ravenskana wrote:
pratchettfan777 wrote:

At the moment, by which I mean there's been no announcement as far as I know. However, I would be amazed if this didn't get picked up for distribution in the states. So I would change your "whatsoever" to a simpler "yet".

Well I hang on to that hope then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.