Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
I have a little question
When an Villain is in an artifact and try to take it, they roll Search. 4,5 and 6 are Danger markers... is this true? they take the artifact so quick, isnt it?
If an artifact have a Danger factor of 2 o 3 ... they will take soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.F. Hostettler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
"I hope, for your sake, that he has not yet acquired it"

This is the way I have played it. It does seem fast. However, they only get 2 VP for them. I usually let them take the temple artifacts (these take them a little while longer). You might want to try and steal any artifact that they(villains) have that is 6 or more fortune. Big payday for you if you make it.

Having villains in the game makes you take more dangers per adventure. Dangers are not totaled between you and the villain. If you are in an adventure with a villain, lets say with 4 dangers, and you have overcome 3 of those dangers, the villain must still role 4 search successes to take the artifact.

It does make sense that the villains get the artifacts sooner. They are well funded, have scores of troops/thugs, and, like the movies, usually have a head start on you. Plus many of the dangers you face might be because of the villains. Perhaps the mob is chasing you, or the nazis have wired the bridge you are crossing. It's the heroes job to outwit them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy ryan
United States
Jamestown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think that any rolls of one are automatic hits to the villain as well.

They do tend to get the artifacts quickly; that's why the heroes have to press their luck and beat the baddies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played coop with two nazis villains yesterday. We love the experience.
We could only be a little unhappy with the more time the game needs with the Villan Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule seemed a little odd to me as well. The villains grabbed the first two artifacts quickly. I barely had a chance to run to the destination.

However, I just happened to read Herr Teufel's card. It reads: "Knowledge- His Adventure Dice rolls of 6 count as 2 X each."

If a Villain's adventure dice roll is an automatic "danger marker" on 4, 5, and 6...why do they care about getting 2 successes for a 6?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cejryan wrote:
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think that any rolls of one are automatic hits to the villain as well.

They do tend to get the artifacts quickly; that's why the heroes have to press their luck and beat the baddies!
Not hits but wounds (no defense).
I think Herr Teufel adds to Danger Markers. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.