1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [52] | 

Dune» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Dune Game 9. 9-player. Game over. Atr/BG/Guild win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools

This will be a 10 turn game, using the advanced rules with spice support in combat, and all optional rules of XV, XVI, XVII and XIX.

The Ix, Bene Tleilaxu and Landsraad are in play.

The rules for online play are here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/450908/dune-game-1-game-...

Special Rules.

1. Bidding Round.

a. Cards will go up for bid at about 8am and 6pm (my time in Ontario, Canada), and each will have a 24 hour auction period.
b. When the first card is put up for bid, the second card's bid will start about 12 hours later, BEFORE BIDDING ON THE FIRST CARD IS COMPLETED. Atreides will therefore see the next card about 12 hours before bidding on the first ends. So if Card 1 goes up for bid at 8am, then card two will start for bid at about 530pm the same day. Card 1's bid will terminate at 8am the next day and card 3's will start. Card 2 will terminate at 530pm the next day and card 4's will start.
c. Be sure to specific which card you are bidding for when two are up for bid.
d. You still may not bid more spice than you have.
e. The player who would have started bidding for a card in a face to face game has priority on that card. This means that on their first bid (only) they may bid the same number of spice as the current high bid, becoming the high bid.
f. OVERTIME – In the final 12 hours of a card’s auction any player that overbids another player (or takes priority) qualifies for overtime bidding. At the end of the auction, if more than one player qualifies for overtime, then these players (and only these players) will continue to bid on that card until all but one have passed.

2. Spice Payments.
½ of all payments (rounded down) for service go to the Emperor, Ix, BT and Guild. Payment in full must be made, even by an ally.

The Emperor, Ix, Guild and BT (leader revival) keep ½ of their own payment. So if bidding "5" for a
card he wins, the Emperor keeps 3 and pays 2. The Ix retains ½ of his battle spice (if he wins).

The Guild’s ally does NOT pay at half rate, (but the Guild may refund their payment, of course). The Guild does NOT pay at half rate, but instead pays full price and receives half his payment back.
All fractional spice bank payments are rounded in favour of the Faction receiving payment for service.

3. Spice Blows.

There will be three spice blows drawn per turn. There are 4 worms in the spice deck (total of 19 cards).

4. Victory Conditions.

The Shield Wall is a rock victory territory.

Solo win: 3 strongholds
2-way alliance: 4 strongholds
3-way alliance: 5 strongholds
4-way alliance: 6 strongholds

Traitor Draw.

Each Player other than Harkonnen will secretly select one these options at the start of the game. (You do not have to announce which choice you make):

1. Draw 3 leaders and be guaranteed one safe leader of your top three.
2. Draw 4 leaders at random and pick two traitors.
The BT’s three named leaders are included in the treachery draw, but their three face dancers are not.

The Harkonnen may:

1. Draw 5 leaders with one his top three leaders guaranteed as safe.
2. Draw 6 leaders at random; all are traitors.

Treachery deck.

The Treachery Deck is 56 Cards: (Some of the wording of the new cards has been altered)

Weapons and Defences:

Bloodhound -1
Snooper -5
Shield -5
Armor -1
Explosive Weapon -1
Biological Weapon -1
Poison Weapon - 5
Projectile Weapon - 5
Lasegun -1
Laza Tiger -1
Body Double -1

Other Cards:

Karama -3
Worthless - 6
Cheap Hero(ine) -3
Family Atomics
Hajr
Tleilaxu Ghola
Weather Control
Truthtrance -3
Harvester
Cone of Silence
Kanly Duel - 1
Retreat
Thumper
Reinforcement
Fanatical Tactics
Speaker of the Landsraad
Juice of Saphro
Poacher

Treachery cards are:

Laza Tiger – Weapon. Kills your opponent's leader unless they play a projectile or lasegun weapon.

Semuta Drug - Poison Weapon. Kills your opponent's leader unless they played a bloodhound or snooper defence. Otherwise, after the battle it halves (rounded down) your opponent's leader value until it is sent to the 'tanks'. A bloodhound defence played against Semuta causes the bloodhound defence to be discarded.

Body Double: Played as a defence in battle along with a second leader on your battle wheel (the body double). Your opponent's weapon kills the body double and the other leader on your battle wheel survives and counts towards the battle total. A Lasegun/Shield explosion kills both you leaders. Discard after use.

Armor - Defends against Projectile and Explosive Weapon. Does not trigger lasegun/shield explosion.

Bloodhound - Defends against Biologic, Explosive and Poison Weapon.

Explosive Weapon - Kills a leader not protected by Shield, Armor or Bloodhound.

Biologic Weapon - Kills a leader not protected by Bloodhound or Snooper

Abilities – These cards are played to obtain a special ability which you retain even after discarding the card.

Fanatical Tactics: Play this card and you may thereafter use two weapons or two defenses in battle (neither can contradict the ‘voice’ and both must be announced to the prescience. You still may only play two weapon/defence cards in total). Lost when you use it and lose the battle, or to Lasegun/Shield.

Poachers: Collect in the Collection round 1 additional spice per stronghold that you control. Lost if you cease to control a stronghold where you poached.

Other cards:

Juice of Saphro Unless by treachery or lasegun shield explosion, play to retain cards about to be lost off your battle wheel.

Thumper: Played just after the spice blow cards are revealed; you pick which three cards from the deck are revealed. Then, reshuffle the remaining deck.

Harvester: Move a spice blow to any stronghold during the spice blow round. The harvester remains in the blow territory, and can be destroyed there by a worm, the storm, or lasegun/shield explosion. Otherwise, the player controlling the harvester territory takes control of it during the collection round and may send it to another blow in the next spice blow round.

Cone of Silence The player you name may not share their alliance power this turn.

Reinforcement – Your faction leader (value 7) is brought into in play. There is no consequence for their loss save that you may not revive it and if you get this card again treat it as worthless.

Retreat – Anytime prior to the revelation of battle plans some or all of your tokens may retreat to
an adjacent unoccupied territory.

The Speaker of the Landsraad – Use the alliance power of any faction as if it were your own.

Kanly Duel - Challenge a duel for an offense made against you. The Rules of Kanly are found in Dune Game 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player variant. Sign Up.
Factions.

These factions are all altered slightly from the previous game.

Faction Additional Powers

The same as the previous game, except that Harkonnen’s karama-swap power is as original.

Atreides.
1. The Kwisatz Haderach on your battle wheel makes you immune to the ‘voice’.
2. You see both treachery cards currently up for bid.
3. You see all cards coming in the spice deck next turn.

Bene Gesserit.
1. A token co-existing in Arrakeen or Carthag during the Spice Blow Round allows your co-existing tokens located in any stronghold on Dune to use ornithopters. They do not have to co-exist in their arrival territory.
2. If you have yet to declare non-coexistence in a territory that turn you may ship your ‘accompanying’ token to any stronghold on Dune.

Emperor
1. Whenever you wish and without shipping cost you may switch starred tokens from your reserves, replacing them one-for-one with your regular tokens on Dune, returning the regular tokens to your (or your ally’s) reserves.
Emperor Alliance - Your starred tokens may cohabitate in territories with your ally as if they were his and can be dialled by your ally in battle.

Fremen.
1. Outside strongholds you dial at full strength without paying spice.
Fremen Alliance - Your ally can ride the worm
Fremen Karama - Summon a worm to a territory and yours or your ally’s tokens located there may immediately ride it to any territory, (subject to storm and occupancy rules). You may even summon a worm during the battle round, but you may not initiate a battle with the worm.

Guild
1. If victorious you may spend up to your leaders value in additional spice after battle; for each spice one token from your dial is prevented from going to the ‘tanks’.
Guild Alliance - One of your allies may move when he chooses if you move in your normal turn sequence.

Harkonnen.
1. Return a captured leader to the owning player to use one of their faction powers, or to use their services without payment. You may use their power during the formulation of battle plans if you intend to play their leader in battle.
Alliance –Your ally may hold five treachery cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Ryan has already signed up for the IX - need 8 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Green
United States
Mclean
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see a new 9 player game starting up! I'd love to try Hark.

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, eager to try out the last of the new factions. They've all been fun, no matter what iteration, and I think they're getting better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Murray
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play, Glenn.

Could I please make one humble request? I would like to be one of the original six factions. Any of them would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Augustine Ng
Singapore
flag msg tools
Me too. No preference

Though I would like to play the emperor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok, that's 4 signed up. Still need 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tackett
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player variant. 4 signed up, need 5 more.
Please sign me up to play. I have no preference on Faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It'll be fun to play one from the beginning this time around. I'll take a random faction selection from any remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning on holding back to let others take a turn, but seeing some familiar names, I will give it a go.

Any faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Seven signed. Two more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player variant. 7 signed up, need 2 more. 24 GEEK GOLD!!!
Upped the ante a bit to see if we can get any fence-sitters on board - the winner(s) get to split 24 geek gold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which factions are left? I don't want any geekgold ... I have plenty ... but I'd sure like to help to get this show on the road

-John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Hansen
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I played in the last two, so was waiting to see if others are interested.
But if there is still space, hey, you know I can't say no, count me in!
Any faction is fine.

My WBC Dune Final report is 'pending review', but should be posted shortly.

Cheers,
Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
OK, that's nine signed up.

If anyone else has faction preferences, now's the time to speak up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player. 24 GEEK GOLD. Nine signed up. Starting - last chance for factio preferences.
None

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player. Faction trades, BG prediction, etc.
Faction Draw

Semi-random. Players with picks got them. After that, I made random draws until no one got a faction I can remember them playing before.

Players can trade factions if they wish, and you can even spice bribe if you want to.

Ty Hansen..........Atreides
Richard S..........Landsraad
John McKendrick....Emperor
Michael Tackett....BT
Pete Vasi..........Guild
Augustine Ng.......Fremen
Rob Murray.........BG
Ryan Phelan........Ix
Doug Green.........Harkonnen

Otherwise - BG (Rob) - prediction and token placement please.
Fremen (Augustine) - token locations.

All players - let me know if you are choosing 2 traitors on 4 picks or 1 safe leader of your top 3 leaders and 1 traitor on 3 picks. Last game, the field was split 50/50.

New Players with original six factions - each of these has a few extra powers in this variant. Let me know if you have any questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player. Starting
Recommend you subscribe to this thread.

Six traitor picks in. Awaiting input from Ix, BG, Emperor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player. Starting

All players have their traitor draw.

BG starts one token in Carthag. Prediction is made.

Fremen starts 9/1* on False Wall South (Sector 5)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Dune Game 9. 9-player. Bidding Round T1
BG's traitor pick still required.

No need to hold up for that though.

Storm dials 21 and starts in sector 4. (Nice pick on sector 5, Fremen!)

Spice blows are:

Funeral Plain (6)
Cielago South (12)
The Great Flat (10)

Card 1 is up for bid now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Murray
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the turn order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Turn order update?

Regardless, The Guild will jump on some cheap bidding and bid 1 on card 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Zenvedev wrote:
What is the turn order?

Heh, posted at the same time. Also: do note that bidding online isn't done in the same way as the board game. Anyone can jump on bidding at any time. Take a look at the "Bidding Round" rules above if you haven't seen them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Landsraad only wish for order on Dune and will therefore place a bid of TWO spice for the first card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [52] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.