Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Foley
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been answered, I have been looking but cant find the clarification. I think I understand the Combat steps fairly well and when you are allowed to heal but here goes:

1. If you are engaged with multiple attackers, can you heal after each attack or do you have to complete all engaged attacks before your action?
a. If I understand the steps you can only use an action after dealing shadow cards but before flipping the shadow card?
b. Then you can use your next action after all Creature and Player attacks are complete before moving to Refresh Phase?

2. If you do not attempt the Quest phase do you still draw a card for the staging area, or just skip that step all together?

Thx in advance for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniton wrote:

1. If you are engaged with multiple attackers, can you heal after each attack or do you have to complete all engaged attacks before your action?

Assuming you have actions that let you heal, you may use them between attacks. (After Step 4 in the Combat description, and before Step 1 starts for the new attacker.)

Quote:
a. If I understand the steps you can only use an action after dealing shadow cards but before flipping the shadow card?

No, you can use an action then, but you can also use actions between resolving the shadow card and dealing damage.

Quote:
b. Then you can use your next action after all Creature and Player attacks are complete before moving to Refresh Phase?

Yes.

Quote:
2. If you do not attempt the Quest phase do you still draw a card for the staging area, or just skip that step all together?

You cannot skip the quest phase. If you don't commit any characters, you still reveal one encounter card per player, then raise each players threat by the total threat shown in the staging area (since your total Willpower will be a big fat zero). This is almost always a BAD idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron G
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Miniton wrote:

The Quest phase is mandatory, you cannot skip it. Assuming you are playing solo you would draw a card, add it to the staging area or resolve it if it's a treachery card. If you do not commit any character to questing you still have to resolve the quest phase, compare your willpower to the enemies threat and add progress tokens to the current quest or increase your threat level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Foley
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I have been doing combat correct, but WAYYYYYY off on the Quest part.
Not so easy now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.