Subject: Counterblow question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if I am the defender and I put a counterblow marker on two of my units, each in its own hex, that are adjacent to only one attacker? Does that attacker make two seperate attacks; one on each defender? Or does he make one attack but combine both defenders?

A visual example is on Marnaudo's video review at 11 minutes 30 seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
He has to attack both units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

Meaning it becomes a multi hex attack and the defender is combined, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zhodanicommando wrote:
licinius wrote:

Meaning it becomes a multi hex attack and the defender is combined, correct?

Right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Donahue
United States
New York
flag msg tools
How about the alternative -- I put a counterblow marker on one of my units which is adjacent to two of the attacker's units. Must both of my opponents units attack or can he (or I) choose one of the two units adjacent?

How about this adjacency case: Attacker Defender Attacker Defender -- with counterblow markers on both defenders. (1) Must the attacker attack in such a way that he can always attack both defenders (in this case, each pair would be in a battle); or (2) can the attacker decide to use both units to attack the first defender, and then ignore the second? Or (3) use both to attack the first defender and then the second to attack the second defender? Or another alternative?

I'd guess the (1) is most consistent with the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="adamdonahue"]How about the alternative -- I put a counterblow marker on one of my units which is adjacent to two of the attacker's units. Must both of my opponents units attack or can he (or I) choose one of the two units adjacent?
q]

When you place a counter blow marker on your unit (in your case mentioned above), the attacker only has to attack it, meaning he chooses who attacks it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamdonahue wrote:

How about this adjacency case: Attacker Defender Attacker Defender -- with counterblow markers on both defenders. (1) Must the attacker attack in such a way that he can always attack both defenders (in this case, each pair would be in a battle); or (2) can the attacker decide to use both units to attack the first defender, and then ignore the second? Or (3) use both to attack the first defender and then the second to attack the second defender? Or another alternative?

I'd guess the (1) is most consistent with the rules.

Wow! Your making it way to complicated. When you place a counter blow marker, all your doing is requiring the phasing player to have to attack that hex. You as the non phasing player have no say in how he does it, as long as he does it in a legal way of course.

In this case mention all you have done is require the phasing player to have to attack two hexes. He has to attack those two hexes, he can not ignore them for any reason, unless he has cards to play to remove them or something. Bottom line is he can only attack with adjancent units and must attack those two hexes with at least one unit.

PS
Think of these as more of you causing the opposing player to have to make a soak off attack, reducing his ability to attack in full force somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Donahue
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Kevin --

That's an easy way of looking at it, thanks.

A counterblow marker obligates the phasing player to make an attack on the marked unit. Who attacks, from what number of hexes, with what force, and so forth is completely up to the attacker as long as an actual attack happens.

Sound about right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes sir, you are on target (get it, pun, target marker, counter blow marker)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.