Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by this thread and many like it: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/7378238#7378238, I was thinking about how fun and valuable it could be if there was a new type of "cage match" game forum thread available where a game could be compared one-on-one with another game that shares some similarities. It could possibly even be a daily feature that could show up on the main BGG page, with a new pair of games each day: tell us why game x is better or worse than game y. Or put another way, tell us the advantages game x has over game y, and vice versa.

One advantage of having a seperate forum thread type for this would be that each thread would be linked to both games in question, so that when viewing each game's page, it would show up in the "Cage Match" or "Comparison" section for both. It would also be quick and easy to look at game x and see all of the games it has been compared to in this format if all of these threads were listed together. I know that threads like this could be started ad-hoc, but I think it would generate more involvement and just plain be more fun if it was a site feature.

I would find this quite helpful when I have the funds to buy just one game and I'm trying to decide between two. Over time, these threads would accumulate to the point where you could pick any two specific popular games and expect to find a thread comparing them together. How cool what that be?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Browse: Ramdom Game: Py
Browse: Ramdom Game: Old Dinosaur

Poll: Cage Match
Which game ist better?
      3 answers
Poll created by Werbaer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
What I really mean is comparing non-random games that have some definite similarities. And I would like to generate some insightful commentary rather than just a simple poll. But yes, polls are cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.