Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I was reading the latest report on monstersinthesky.com and noticed that the ships were all attached to plastic hex bases. Are these included in the core box and fleet boxes?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the ships come with stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to know! Now I just have to decide what my next big game purchase will be - Leviathans, Super Dungeon Explore, or Puppet Wars. Why must all the miniatures games I want come out around the same time? I only have so much dough...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:
Great to know! Now I just have to decide what my next big game purchase will be - Leviathans, Super Dungeon Explore, or Puppet Wars. Why must all the miniatures games I want come out around the same time? I only have so much dough...cry
Haha--I hear ya. I'd probably be buying SDE if it weren't for Leviathans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Haward
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We're also talking to CorSec Engineering (www.corseceng.com) about adapting their OmniStand multi-level stands to work with Leviathans. The stock plastic bases do allow some elevation change, but not the range (and tiltability) of the CorSec stands.

W.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worktroll wrote:
We're also talking to CorSec Engineering (www.corseceng.com) about adapting their OmniStand multi-level stands to work with Leviathans. The stock plastic bases do allow some elevation change, but not the range (and tiltability) of the CorSec stands.

W.
They're actually using a Leviathan miniature as an example for a few of their products, funny enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Haward
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The gent behind CorSecEng was at GenCon, and is very enthusiastic about the game. Should be a win-win, which is always nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb

I wish they are pre-painted.. but it would just be silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have a basic paint job. I think what you see in that pic is the way they come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chooche wrote:

I wish they are pre-painted.. but it would just be silly.
This is how they come:

British Fleet

French Fleet

If I'm not mistaken, the game also comes with decals, such as flags, you can use to enhance the look for your ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bowen
msg tools
mbmb
To clarify a previous statement, I was not at GenCon but I have really good friends who where. We are in the process of prototyping compatible bases. I tried adapting the existing bases but the plastic is way to soft and just melts when it is drilled. We should be ready shortly after the game starts shipping.

I still have not heard back from Catalyst Games on base sizes but we have prototypes from 2 to 5 hexes.

The miniature I have is really nice. They are all very similar in color. I'd probable have to do something small to them for quick identification. Maybe paint stripes in two different patterns using the faction colors.

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Monson
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
For over 40 years I've been enjoying gaming with great people.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tennberg wrote:

You just had to tell me about those other cool games (esp Super Dungeon Explore) didn't you! Now I have to re-think my budget (maybe I will eat less food).

Really looking forward to Leviathans and now Super Dungeon.

More games... than time or money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.