Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just curious if anyone has managed to get in a game on this yet, and if so then how did it go?

I'm planning on playing this 2-player when I get a chance (but I'm going out of town so it may be awhile), but I also have a 6-player gaming night coming up and I'm looking at Steam as a potential play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Do Jin Kim
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
I played the 2-player map yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

As the area is limited and you can build only two track tiles per turn (unless you picked the engineer),the game was really tight and you need a long-term strategy to earn a big point using your own foreign city.

I haven't played the other maps but the 2-player map was satisfactory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a play tester:

I feel that the 2P maps are easily the best ever created for the game. I played each several times.

The Mid-Atlantic saw 6 plays and several tweaks. It's quite evenly balanced with our experiences in 3-5 player games. We never had the chance to try it with 7 but I certainly will now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I'm wondering. What rules changes does the 3-player map have? It's the only one I know nothing about. The US map only has the ferry and the new action, doesn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Norris wrote:
I'm wondering. What rules changes does the 3-player map have? It's the only one I know nothing about. The US map only has the ferry and the new action, doesn't it?

The 3 player map is the Brussels Metro. It simulates how the subways access will increase passenger traffic. There is no Urbanize action, rather when two different players meet in a town it then immediately Urbanizes. So, the more intertwined you are with other players the more productive you are collectively (of course, you can infect long runs with colored cities that the other players don't want there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I was a play tester:

I feel that the 2P maps are easily the best ever created for the game. I played each several times.

The Mid-Atlantic saw 6 plays and several tweaks. It's quite evenly balanced with our experiences in 3-5 player games. We never had the chance to try it with 7 but I certainly will now

I'm only familiar with one 2-player map. What is the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless the metro can be played 2p, I don't think there is more than 1 2p map. Maybe there was a second one that will go into Steam Map Expansion #2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
Unless the metro can be played 2p, I don't think there is more than 1 2p map. Maybe there was a second one that will go into Steam Map Expansion #2?

The playtesters haven't seen that map yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Above all other rule changes particular to the two player map, I particularly enjoyed the rule restricting a player from taking actions that they have previously chosen until their opponent takes them. I thought this rule brought a freshness to the game and made for interesting tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I was a play tester:

I just picked this up at my FLGS and played a 5 player game of Mid-Atlantic. I won by 1 point, and we all agree this is very tight and balanced map. Personally I think this is the best map I've played with minimal rule changes, which I think is a big plus since the additional rules of some maps makes me feel like I'm playing a totally different game.

Looking forward to try out the 2p & 3p maps this weekend!!

(Mental Note: start sending invitations for a monster 7p game...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.