Hide
4 Posts

Three-Dragon Ante: Emperor's Gambit» Forums » General

Subject: Play with them 'non-gamer mates' ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alan jones
msg tools
This question I guess gets asked for every game going, but here it goes for this one.

Plannig on a beer computer games night with some mates, we occasionaly play drink poker; would this go down well do you think / how easy is it to learn and could it be adapated to drink to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty much a slightly elaborate game of cards, if you play poker and they're even a little bit into fantasy I suppose it will be a blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Reichenau
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been surprised at how well this game went over with the non-gamer wives in our group. I think it would easy to turn into a drinking game... we haven't done it but we did talk about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Heinsoo
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cody, there were two original inspirations for the design. First I wanted a game for the player characters in my D&D game to play the next time they visited a tavern. Second I wanted a game to play with my non-gaming in-laws, who do play a lot of Hearts and Euchre. So designing something the non-gamer wives in your group could enjoy was part of the plan; I'm glad it worked for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.