Munchkin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fleeing; Do you keep rolling until a success? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mmik mmikleson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Why are the rules so ambiguous for this game?

I've only played a couple of games, but so far we're finding we end up with massive amounts of cards in our hands that we don't want because of the "charity" function. We just end up passing back and for the same 4-5 monster cards we don't plan on playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mmik mmikleson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Alright, it was just pointed out that it's hidden after the rulings for two people fleeing. horrible formatting... Still waiting on the second issue, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Yhanto
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the lowest-levelled player has extra cards, these don't get passed; they get discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, what he^ said. You only charity to lower ranked players.

Also, I don't know how you could infer that you would keep rolling until you successfully run away. I could have sworn it said to roll and if unsuccessful, suffer the "Bad Stuff" and move on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mmik mmikleson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It does, but it says so AFTER the rulings on two people fleeing, which I skimmed and missed that part.

So you pass any extras to any lower level who has less than 5, then discard the rest?

thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Giampouras
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmik wrote:
It does, but it says so AFTER the rulings on two people fleeing, which I skimmed and missed that part.

So you pass any extras to any lower level who has less than 5, then discard the rest?

thanks for the help.

You can have as many cards as you want, until the end of YOUR turn!!!
when you done you do charity and give all the rest to player(s) with the lowest level or if you are the lowest just discard them. It doesn't matter how many cards do you have in hand when you play BUT at the end of your turn you may have only 5 (6 if you are a dwarf).

Official rules:
(4) Charity: If you have more than five cards in your hand,
you must play enough of them to get down to five, or give the
excess to the player with the lowest Level. If players are tied for
lowest, divide the cards as evenly as possible, but it’s up to you
who gets the bigger set(s) of leftovers. If YOU are the lowest
or tied for lowest, just discard the excess.
It is now the next player’s turn.

THere is no rule for, the player(s) who gain charity must have less than 5 (or 6) cards to gain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.