Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideas from Kickstarter:

-So here is my two cents for the "special field generator markers" make them practical to their purpose. For example, for the Isolation field have some little bit that "cages" the territory bonus tile it's blocking, for the Positron field have some bit(like a stand) that elevates one of the controlling players colony tokens indicating that he/she has the +1VP, and finally for the Repulsor field(I'm going to give credit to Jason Carlough here) a round plastic bubble that would encase all the colony tokens in it, allowing none to leave or enter. http://www.fxsupply.com/products/hemis.html
...and of course they would all be colored to match the field generator counters.
Who else would be excited about something like this?

-Special Field Generator Markers would awesome. Aesthetic bonuses are the best kind of Kickstarter/preorder rewards. I've always hated promo cards and the like as it makes everyone else feel like they don't get to play the real game.

-Reprint of the Space Crane Alien Tech card just kidding

Anyone agree or have some other cool ideas to give CMG?

they have 28 days left to put something cool together for us, let's make sure they know what we want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care much for field generator markers, no matter how great/functional they are.

I would kill for those special colony tokens though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
Ideas from Kickstarter:

-So here is my two cents for the "special field generator markers" make them practical to their purpose. For example, for the Isolation field have some little bit that "cages" the territory bonus tile it's blocking, for the Positron field have some bit(like a stand) that elevates one of the controlling players colony tokens indicating that he/she has the +1VP, and finally for the Repulsor field(I'm going to give credit to Jason Carlough here) a round plastic bubble that would encase all the colony tokens in it, allowing none to leave or enter. http://www.fxsupply.com/products/hemis.html
...and of course they would all be colored to match the field generator counters.
Who else would be excited about something like this?

-Special Field Generator Markers would awesome. Aesthetic bonuses are the best kind of Kickstarter/preorder rewards. I've always hated promo cards and the like as it makes everyone else feel like they don't get to play the real game.

-Reprint of the Space Crane Alien Tech card just kidding

Anyone agree or have some other cool ideas to give CMG?

they have 28 days left to put something cool together for us, let's make sure they know what we want.

I like your joke. (I hope that.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
I don't care much for field generator markers, no matter how great/functional they are.

Ditto to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:

A complete set of new colony tokens seems like a lot to be asking for...that's 45 bits

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
Boofus wrote:

A complete set of new colony tokens seems like a lot to be asking for...that's 45 bits

I would have to agree with MerryHo. Kickstarter rewards are supposed to be small tokens of appreciation, Clever Mojo doesn't owe us anything. We are already going to be getting the game as soon as they print it with free shipping and discount on the booster pack. It's not even like this is some risky unknown project, Clever Mojo has already proven that they can and will deliver a quality game for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasoncarlough wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
Boofus wrote:

I would have to agree with MerryHo. Kickstarter rewards are supposed to be small tokens of appreciation, Clever Mojo doesn't owe us anything. We are already going to be getting the game as soon as they print it with free shipping and discount on the booster pack. It's not even like this is some risky unknown project, Clever Mojo has already proven that they can and will deliver a quality game for us.

Chill, boys. I kickstarted and don't need a lesson in what Kickstarter rewards are supposed to be. And neither does David for that matter, so I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
jasoncarlough wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
Boofus wrote:

Chill, boys. I kickstarted and don't need a lesson in what Kickstarter rewards are supposed to be. And neither does David for that matter, so I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

Well excuse me, but if you look at the Kickstarter comments, our comments are exactly what David is asking for, so how about you let him speak for himself, I'm sure he would appreciate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
Boofus wrote:
jasoncarlough wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
Boofus wrote:

Well excuse me, but if you look at the Kickstarter comments, our comments are exactly what David is asking for, so how about you let him speak for himself, I'm sure he would appreciate that.
Just so you guys know, it has been hinted that new colony tokens might be in the works if the support gets high enough. I am pretty sure that is what Boofus is talking about.

Quote:
Want a hint???

Also we are not trying to say you shouldn't voice your opinion about what it should be or come up with ides. Boofus and I am just saying that, field generator things don't interest us. Surely it is just as valid to voice an opinion of not being interested in something as it is for someone else to voice an opinion of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah well Boofus sure made it sound like we should shut up, and I want everyone to voice their opinion as well. I'm cool with people disagreeing with me, when they try to tell me what to do is what I have an issue with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
Yeah well Boofus sure made it sound like we should shut up, and I want everyone to voice their opinion as well. I'm cool with people disagreeing with me, when they try to tell me what to do is what I have an issue with.

Are you serious? When did I do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:

Maybe you didn't mean it as "shut up", but it kinda came across that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
As I already mentioned there: As a Kickstarter extra, you could include dice bags in the 5 colors for the dice, colony tokens and rockets and / or an extra clear relic-ship die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:

I am very sorry if it did, wasn't my intention at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
As I already mentioned there: As a Kickstarter extra, you could include dice bags in the 5 colors for the dice, colony tokens and rockets and / or an extra clear relic-ship die.

László, I'm interested to know why you'd need an extra Relic Ship die

BTW, I just posted an update on the Kickstarter site for the first stretch reward. I'd not what anyone has suggested yet, but hopefully there will be more opportunities for exciting stretch rewards in the days ahead.

Keep the ideas coming.

And keep spreading the word.

http://kck.st/qxaBYK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
MerryHo wrote:

I am very sorry if it did, wasn't my intention at all.

It's all good, let's just give CMG the best ideas we can come up with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
László, I'm interested to know why you'd need an extra Relic Ship die

It's just that I like the clear die more than the frosty one It's actually not a big deal and maybe it's just because of the photos but I think the clear one looks more alien-like, like a crystal ship.

And maybe to make it more original the 1 or the 6 side could be some alien symbol (or a letter A) without changing any rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
stadi wrote:

It's just that I like the clear die more than the frosty one It's actually not a big deal and maybe it's just because of the photos but I think the clear one looks more alien-like, like a crystal ship.

If you wish I'll trade you my clear die for your frosty one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just announced the $30,000 stretch reward over at the Alien Frontiers: Factions project on Kickstarter.com

Alien Frontiers Upgrade Pack

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clevermojogames/alien-fr...

Alien Frontiers Upgrade Pack will be a free reward to all $30+ backers of AF:Factions on Kickstarter. Contains 40 color colonies with clear plastic domes. Same size as original AF Colony tokens.

If the image above is not displaying, you can click the link near the top for the Kickstarter Update page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, that is awesome! wow wow wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
We've just announced the $30,000 stretch reward over at the Alien Frontiers: Factions project on Kickstarter.com

Alien Frontiers Upgrade Pack

Alien Frontiers Upgrade Pack will be a free reward to all $30+ backers of AF:Factions on Kickstarter. Contains 40 color colonies with clear plastic domes. Same size as original AF Colony tokens.

If the image above is not displaying, you can click the link near the top for the Kickstarter Update page.

First off thats awesome!

After this stretch goal, which has been met, the next announced goal is for $45000 and we'd get to see sculpts for the 3 field generators included in the Upgrade Pack that contains these colony tokens.

Clever Mojo has mentioned only brainstorming this thus far but wanting to be able to attatch it to the original cardboard tokens so they can be flipped and the text read off the bottom. Is that really that necessary? If sculpts are made for these then can't the player who controls it just keep the cardboard token in front of them and the sculpt take its place on the board? I am a fan of function and form but in this case can't we have both separately and quite efficiently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooooo, very cool. I really hope we can get to 45k and see some field generator tokens.

Also I would have to agree with with Logan,
logan_mann wrote:
If sculpts are made for these then can't the player who controls it just keep the cardboard token in front of them and the sculpt take its place on the board? I am a fan of function and form but in this case can't we have both separately and quite efficiently?

The field generator markers don't need to have text or anything on them, just as long as they are easily identifiable and color would probably be enough to accomplish that. This is especially true since people buying the expansion are probably going to be experienced with the game and so won't necessarily need the rule text on the board itself (and if they do they can always just use the cardboard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
logan_mann wrote:
Clever Mojo has mentioned only brainstorming this thus far but wanting to be able to attatch it to the original cardboard tokens so they can be flipped and the text read off the bottom. Is that really that necessary? If sculpts are made for these then can't the player who controls it just keep the cardboard token in front of them and the sculpt take its place on the board? I am a fan of function and form but in this case can't we have both separately and quite efficiently?

My thoughts exactly. The spaces are not that big, and it isn't necessary to put the mini and the cardboard token into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
My thoughts exactly. The spaces are not that big, and it isn't necessary to put the mini and the cardboard token into it.

That seems to be the way things are trending over on the KS update page, too. I'm going to have to give this more consideration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
logan_mann wrote:

Depending on what the minis look like, people might get confused about which is which if they are not attached in some way. Furthermore when teaching the game, people have to learn about the fields and what they do as well as what the mini looks like. I don't have a good solution, but I don't want this to become a mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.