Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GOLEM Regroup/Expert/Optional

Adds Moons

You have the power Over Moons. At the start of each of your encounters, you may use this power to add a moon at random to your system from those not in the game. You may place up to four ships from your colonies on it to activate.

History: The Golem are artificial life forms created long ago by now dead wizards. They were created for manual labor and security. They now explore the abandoned laboratories of their creators to discover the secrets they hold. Their discovery of a spaceship have led them to other worlds to search.

Use Only In A Game With Moons

FLARE

Launch
Wild: As offensive player, you may look at one unexposed moon in the defensive system before deciding where you point the cone.

Regroup
Super: On your turn, you may replace any moons in your system that you occupy or are vacant. Choose new moons randomly. You may then decide to occupy these moons as per your power as you wish.

Commentary: This is a Moon power from Matt Stone's set. The History and Flare are mine. Golem is a power for those who like moons. If your group limits moons to just quarter moons, Golem is still useful but not too exciting. I recommend that at least half moons as well be available. In the general sense, though I like the concept of moons, I tend not to use them unless I know what the moon does or I just don't want to face a player whom I doubt I can defeat and losing would be terrible, such as against Void or Fungus. This is because it is tough enough to gain colonies. I don't want to waste an encounter getting a moon when I could win a colony. Playing in Matt Stone’s games, though, the other players do like to take moons. Since everyone has three powers, and there are lots and lots of cards in the deck, games can take a long time to play. You will get plenty of turns and plenty of opportunities to gain colonies, so taking an encounter to occupy a moon isn’t as much a disadvantage to winning the game as I perceive it in their opinion. Golem I would like to play since I would get more exposure to moon effects. Players should pay special attention to the moons Golem does not occupy.

Gerald Katz
Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
this sounds really annoying to play against.

In a good way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
What does "Golem" have to do with "moon"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Artificial lifeforms made from stone.... artificial moons made from stone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.