Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Port
United Kingdom
London
Barnet
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read through the rules I saw that the zombies had no examples in the rules for what the attrition and level values were. It can be inferred from the zombie player actions but an example zombie card would be helpful. Also, I didn't see anywhere that mentioned what it meant to 'grab' an item. I seem to remember that grabbing a swag item is putting it in your discard but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarification on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom DeFrank
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure grabbed items go to your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gobbo wrote:
As I read through the rules I saw that the zombies had no examples in the rules for what the attrition and level values were. It can be inferred from the zombie player actions but an example zombie card would be helpful.

I agree... A picture of the cards, with specific areas identified, would have been a helpful addition to the rule book.

gobbo wrote:
I seem to remember that grabbing a swag item is putting it in your discard but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarification on this.

I overlooked this the first time through the rules myself. Check the Turn Sequenced Exlpained section of rulebook, under the Fight and Flee sub-sections - it will explain where cards go:

- Zombies you've kill each round go into your discard pile
- Scavanged Swag goes directy to your hand (as long as you don't exceed your hand cap of 6).

- Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crane
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
I'm really confused about the number values on the swag cards. Like what does the number in the circle next to the card's title represent? In fact it's not very clear what any of the numbers on the cards represent. Definitely hoping for a pdf with examples of what everything each symbol represents.

Very much looking forward to the day this arrives at my door. Already kickstarted and am going to have a hard time waiting 2 months for its arrival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The green triangle means drawing cards, the red stop sign is fighting, and the yellow house-looking thing is the flee value.

The number on the right hand side of the card is the cost of the card.

If there is a symbol without a number in it, it just means that you can play that card when you've selected that action. For example, a card that has Fight and Scavenge on it will have an empty Flee icon, because if you were choosing to flee the zombie horde you could still play the card for the extra Scavenge value.

Cameron

Edit: Page 5 of the rulebook covers these icons. It doesn't cover the cost icon, but I dunno...it seemed kind of obvious to me that it was the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crane
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
Thanks for your help. I'm really new to the hobbie so still getting my head around some things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, that's what's so great about BGG!

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DeFrank wrote:
I'm pretty sure grabbed items go to your hand.

Sorry I was camping all weekend and tried to reply to this on my Ipad but it didn't take for some reason!angry

Anything you just Grab goes into you discard pile not into your hand, Swag you Find whenever you Scavenge goes into your hand.

'Grap' is a unique effect on 'Grandpa's Shed', although you will see it in future expansions!

Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, so when you "grab the gun with the lowest find" with Grandpa's Shed it goes to the discard? Weird!

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.