Subject: Birthday Gaming invite in Kapiti rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
My birthday is next Friday the 9th Sept, so due to work etc I am celebrating on the Saturday.

I decided that I would like to spend time gaming with friends and family for the day. We have invited some friends and locals from our group, and now would like to offer an invite to gamers from the Welly region for a days gaming in Raumati South, Paraparaumu.

We will start about 12:30pm and run to very late.

If you are staying over through dinner a sort of potluck dinner is how we would like to cater. Some Birthday Cake will be available.

We can handle 4 tables no problem, if enough are interested I shall clear the back table for more space, several will hold 6 no problems, so 20-24 people could be seated and play easy.

We have a selection of games on hand, feel free to bring something you like or might be suitable for the day. Our collection includes;

Acquire
Arkham Horror (2005)
Attack! (2003) + Attack! Expansion (2003)
Bananagrams
Carcassonne (2000)with expansions including my own.
Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers (2002)
Carcassonne: The Castle (2003) nice shorter 2 player
Carcassonne: The City (2004) 3-4 player
Cuba (2007)
Dixit (2008) + Dixit 2 (2010)
Dominion (2008) with Intrigue and Prosperity
Doom: The Boardgame (2004) 2-4 player
Forbidden Island (2010)
The Gauntlet (2010)
Junta (1978)
Leaping Lillypads (2011)(final prototype testing for up to 6 players, simple strategy game with some depth)
Lost Cities (1999) 2 player original
Memoir '44 (2004)
Monopoly Deal Card Game (2008)
No Thanks
Pickup (if you fancy a final test before release, rather pacey game where a quick hand and quick mind help)
Race for the Galaxy (2007)+ Rebel vs Imperium (2009) + The Gathering Storm (2008)
Risk (Revised Edition) (2008)
Risk: The Lord of the Rings (2002)
Saboteur (2004) (we have that nice play mat that you may have seen on BGG)
Scotland Yard (1983)
The Settlers of Catan (1995) + The Fishermen of Catan (2005)
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Boardgame (2002) (yet to be played, may be to long)
Ticket to Ride (2004) + USA 1910 (2006)
Torres (1999)

I may see if I can borrow Alhambra big box and Agricola.

So if you are interested in a days, afternoon or evenings gaming, meeting interesting people and playing fun games, RSVP me through BGG here or post here and I can give you details of where to come.

Hope to see some of you if you are not busy watching rugby.

Regards,

Gordon & Ann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shortall
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Happy Birthday from us here in Christchurch. Sounds like it will be a great day. I've played and followed rugby through my long years but no longer has the appeal. Would rather enjoy games on Saturday. Still keep tabs on the All Blacks and Irish. greentrain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Gordon -wish i could join you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a good one, Gordon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a grand occasion, Gordon! We did something similar for my birthday in May - had folk come across to Tauranga from Hamilton. It was a great day, even though Arkham Horror devoured us! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Gordon! Play some Dominion for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gordon,

I'm going to be up at my parents in Raumati South - which I understand is just down the road from you. I'm happy to bring games from the BoardGameRentals.co.nz library that's in stock for Saturday - I won't be able to stay long but happy bring games and pick up on Sunday morning - if that would work for you.

7 wonders comes to mind, but there could well be others that may interest.

Happy birthday.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks all, big day tomorrow and looking forward to the day.

Have some pork crackle and beer lined up to share as well.

Peter I would love to accept your offer, 7-Wonders sounds great, only played it once and enjoyed it.

Regards,

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishing You A Happy Happy Birthday Gordon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday, Gordon!

Enjoy the goodness of 7 Wonders - perhaps build an ancient civilisation in my honour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks, been a very good day. Cuba officially arrived in my collection first thing, it will get an outing tomorrow.

Had to do a half shift at work, looked after the girls tonight while I wait for Ann to finish work.

We have most of the setup ready, 5 tables, seating for about 24 in tables up to 8.

Board Game Rentals are bringing a much appreciated few games bringing those available already to over 30.

Games that I want to get played are Cuba, Torres (this is proving a rather good game deserving of its Speil award 2000) and to get Race for the Galaxy with my 2 expansions going, and time permitting Acquire, Endeavour and 7-Wonders. We have a few filler games so they are good to get started and for variety. I have the latest Leaping Lilly Pads almost ready, hopefully by tomorrow.

The Carrot Cake is mixed and will be in the over shortly. Beer is chilling and the pork crackling ready to be cooked.

Tomorrow shall be a good day.

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I had a great day yesterday, it has spilled over int today so starting to feel the effects.

Many thanks to Peter at Board Game Rentals. Not only for the games he loaned, he also had some nice things for sale at a special price so it was nice that between Mike buying Agricola and me buying Battlestar Galactica and looking at Dragonspire on rental it worked out great for him as well.

Back to the party.

It sort of happened in two waves, so great to see whole families arrive and we had a great mix of people, gamers and non-gamers. I introduced a very difficult to please young boy of 11 to 'Hey thats my fish' which he liked a lot, but man was he taken by Memoir '44, which his Dad also liked, so now they are buying a copy.

Seven Wonders got two outings, Torres was a fantastic play with some cunning strategy taking place, gave a very thrilling finish. I lost track of all the other games that night.

Sunday started with a semi-hangover of sleep deprivation, (we got to bed at 1:30am) caused by kids waking us at 6am.

With a very relaxed morning, we were off to the local high school gaming groups monthly meet, I took BSG and we had an absolute blast of a game, hard to remember a game I enjoyed so much first play considering its no basic game. Having a mix of teens and adults that know the theme really made it. This is getting another out ASAP.

Finally I got Cuba out for Ann and I. I have to say that this is one very cool resource management type game, lots to do, lots of ways to score, lots of thought, and very easy to play, even first game learning as you go. Edges ahead of Agricola for me. Cool turn structure, simple mechanics, good degree of interactivity without quite the same harsh competitiveness as Agricola, love the extra points from playing the political aspect.

So thanks to those who made it, hope to see those who could not another time, was a great few days of gaming for me, squeezed in so many games including new ones with some great gamers and friends.

Regards,

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.