Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Expansion Story sheets and variations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Henry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I have just opened all 6 packs from the Summons of the Deep expansion but did not realize when I purchased them that some were printed in 2008 and some were printed in 2010.

Does anyone know if there variations in the printings and what they are?

Also the ones printed in 2008 came with parts of a story in them. Can anyone tell me where to find all the parts to the story?

Were there variations in any of the other reprintings of other expansions?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most important difference is that the 2008 ones contain 40 cards (1 copy each of 10 cards and 3 copies each of another 10 cards), while the 2010 ones contain 60 cards (3 copies each of the same 20 cards).

I was not aware that there was a difference in the story sheets, so have nothing sensible to say here.

The Dreamlands cycle of asylum packs also has two different printings with the same differences, and from then on, they were printed only as 60 card packs. (There were a few others before summons of the deep, but you are very unlikely to find the old versions of those around)

EDIT: I got mixed up, sorry! The Dreamlands packs have not been reprinted (yet?) and occur only in the 40 card versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the cards might have also been updated with clarifications and errata, so make sure you check that section in the FAQ.

You can download the complete story sheets of the first 3 asylum pack cycles (Summons of the Deep, Dreamlands, Yuggoth Contract) off the CoC support page at FFG's website. The stories are even a good read actually.

The Dreamlands cycle has not been reprinted to the new format yet, so any packs you find there will be in the 40 card version (1 copy of 10 cards and 3 copies of 10 different cards, as the user above me mentioned).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops! Thanks for that correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Henry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.