Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
Last night my wife played the legionary with 1 legionary patron. I followed with legionary. My question is about the play sequence and when I reveal the card with the material I am demanding.

My wife revealed two cards immediately, brick and stone. Do I reveal the card with the material I am demanding at the same time as her, or do we finish with her demands and then I reveal?

If we reveal at the same time, I can protect a card in my hand by demanding it from her. If I wait to reveal after she finishes her two demands, then I know two cards that are in her hand. Which way is correct?

Edit-typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
Last night my wife played the legionary with 1 legionary patron. I followed with legionary. My question is about the play sequence and when I reveal the card with the material I am demanding.

My wife revealed two cards immediately, brick and stone. Do I reveal the card with the material I am demanding at the same time as her, or do we finish with her demands and then I reveal?

No. She takes stuff from you, then you reveal yours.

Quote:
If we reveal at the same time, I can protect a card in my hand by demanding it from her. If I wait to reveal after she finishes her two demands, then I know two cards that are in her hand. Which way is correct?

The latter. It's entirely possible for her to end up taking your remaining cards, leaving you with no material from which to demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player has to take the turn separately and in order.
The leader would play her action card, reveal from her hand what she is demanding, receive cards to her stockpile from other players and the pool.

Then the next player would follow either playing a legionary and making a demand or thinking. If you don't have enough cards to play a legionary and demand you are forced to think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Each player has to take the turn separately and in order.
The leader would play her action card, reveal from her hand what she is demanding, receive cards to her stockpile from other players and the pool.

Then the next player would follow either playing a legionary and making a demand or thinking.

This is incorrect.

Leader leads legionary.
All other players either follow or think, in turn order. Thinkers draw cards immediately.
Then Leader reveals the materials being demanded
Cards are handed over as appropriate
Then the next player in turn order who followed or has legionary clients then reveals materials, and so on.

sbauer9 wrote:
If you don't have enough cards to play a legionary and demand you are forced to think.

Are you sure about that? I don't see that in the rules anywhere.

You should be able to follow legionary even if you have no other non-jack cards in hand. You might wish to do this instead of thinking so that your opponent does not gain any cards from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, I have always played it wrong.

It seems like once you committed to play the legionary by following you are going to have to stick with it even if you have no cards in your hand to demand with. The rule for not having enough cards for all your clients would apply even to your base action.

This is good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Channing Guenther
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
1 - Player A (whose turn it is) selects Legionary role.
2 - Other players think or follow Legionary role.
3 - Player A demands material.
4 - Other players demand material (if they have any left in their hand after surrendering any material to the previous demands that turn).

The way this works can (of course) be annoying to Players B - E... but it's highly entertaining for the demanding player.

Also, if Player A has the Coliseum built and Player B has a legionary client (that he's following with), Player A could demand Brick and Player B would lose his legionary's follow action... which is vicious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.