Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Yu
United States
el segundo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you shoot at the Berserker to get it to move towards the exit if you don't have the Hammer of Dawn? In a couple of games, we have cleared the level of locust and had to cycle the deck to get something to spawn, which doesn't seem right. The rules state you cannot attack the Berserker unless it's with the hammer of dawn or already been wounded by the Hammer of Dawn. We played it that you can shoot at it to get it to move, but cannot inflict damage.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card just says you can't damage him, nothing about not attacking him. So I'd say yes, you can shoot him to make him follow you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
The video game backs that interpretation up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Yu
United States
el segundo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

Berserker Health Levels: The Berserker is the
only enemy that can be wounded twice (see page
17). The Berserker may only be attacked with the
Hammer of Dawn (found on map tile 17A) unless it
has already been wounded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Rose
msg tools
Remember you target areas with bolo grenades, you can always throw a 'nade to make the 'zerker step. If there are no targets (a rare opportunity), by the rules you'd have to wait for something to spawn. House-ruling that you can fire your weapon at the berzerker, or no target at all even, just to make it step forward, is not-at-all broken in my opinion. It keeps the mission flowing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Jones
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yubm wrote:
Can you shoot at the Berserker to get it to move towards the exit if you don't have the Hammer of Dawn? In a couple of games, we have cleared the level of locust and had to cycle the deck to get something to spawn, which doesn't seem right. The rules state you cannot attack the Berserker unless it's with the hammer of dawn or already been wounded by the Hammer of Dawn. We played it that you can shoot at it to get it to move, but cannot inflict damage.

Thoughts?

Do know if it correct but we played it where he moves if he anyone shoots regardless of target. We barely won 3 player but this seem to be the way this scenario should be played.

edit spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
The video game backs that interpretation up.

Indeed it does: In fact revving the chainsaw to get HER

to charge towards you is sometimes necessary. The Berserker is blind, but has excellent hearing and sense of smell.. and is female!

Diff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dail

North Carolina
msg tools
Yesterday my friend and I setup this mission and played through it successfully, however in the second stage, for 2 players the game says to spawn 2 "C" which is a beserker figure. The game only comes with 1 beserker so we got confused, and are probably doing something wrong. Has anybody else ran into this problem when playing two players on this mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Spawning Locust C: Since there is only one
Berserker figure, additional Locust “C” figures
cannot spawn. If a Location or AI card would spawn
a Locust “C”, instead spawn one Drone. If all Drones
are in play, instead spawn one Wretch." (p. 26)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr E
Ireland
flag msg tools
yubm wrote:
In a couple of games, we have cleared the level of locust and had to cycle the deck to get something to spawn, which doesn't seem right.

I think this line is the interesting bit for this mission play-through. While playing this mission, we actively left locust - wretches - alive so we could target them to lure the Berserker. Only other option is grenades.

One question on grenades - as it attacks an area, and not a target, can you attack an area without any locust in it? We said yes to this, since it's the area you are attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mindstorms wrote:
One question on grenades - as it attacks an area, and not a target, can you attack an area without any locust in it? We said yes to this, since it's the area you are attacking.

Yes, indeed. To quote the rules: "When attacking with a Bolo Grenade, the attacker targets an area instead of a figure."
If you had to have locust in the area, it would make it a lot more difficult to seal emergence holes as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
yubm wrote:
From the rules:

Berserker Health Levels: The Berserker is the
only enemy that can be wounded twice (see page
17). The Berserker may only be attacked with the
Hammer of Dawn (found on map tile 17A) unless it
has already been wounded.

From the FAQ:

Q: Can a COG Soldier attack an unwounded Berserker with weapons besides the Hammer of Dawn?

A: Yes, however this attack will not deal any wounds to the Berserker unless it has been previously wounded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.