Eric Nichols
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
So much GG, so little options.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone bought one of these Classy Cribbage boards? http://www.classycribbage.com

I am looking for a new board and this is on the top of my list. I like the design and style of this board, but the price seems a bit much (155 with S/H) and I was hoping that I could get some opinions on it before dropping the cash.

Other suggestions on similar boards or just good recommendations would be great. Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Small and portable is your friend. That seems a bit bulky for a cribbage board in my opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hit ebay for a cribbage board. You have an almost infinite variety and if you do your research you will not overpay. $150 for any board seems like overpaying.

Where you should invest as much as you can is getting the best cards possible. A good plastic COPAG setup will last you for years of play. I like to shop at caragails.com because their selection is top notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't like the spiral boards, I much prefer a standard straight out and back style board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty, the 6 buck folding Cardinal brand boards from Target or Walmart work just great. The colored lanes and marked numbers help make it easy to peg, for me at least. I wouldn't pay the big bucks unless you really like bling and play 12 hands a day.

I second the recommendation for good cards. Try a deck of Tolly Ho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the board in cribbage is not really necessary (you could technically just use a piece of paper and a pencil), I'd say don't go with this board. That's way too much money for something that won't help your game at all. If you want something that costs that much, I'd go with something that's handcrafted, antique, or more of an heirloom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Baughman
United States
Moses Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier."
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not pay that much, but those boards look amazing to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I'm curious how well the pieces sit in the aluminum top also. FYI you can get metal cribbage pieces fairly cheaply if you google it (I did a while ago)....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.