5 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Chapter packs in UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all, I played the game for the first time last night and loved it. I'm having difficulty finding a decent place to buy chapter packs from though. I'd like to buy them in the order that they were released and 'Kings of the Sea' seems to be a bit elusive!

Can anybody be of any help? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get most of my packs from boardgameguru.co.uk and gameslore.com. They've got most of the stuff that's still availiable in stock. However, you probably won't be able to buy them in order, because most of the earlier chapter packs are out of stock in the UK (the Clash of Arms cycle of Chapter packs, The King's Landing cycle of Chapter Packs, and the Defenders of the North cycle of chapter packs) - those two above sites may have the odd pack from those cycles, and from the Song of Seasons cycle, but otherwise, they're pretty hard to get.

If you wait until the end of the year, though, the King's Landing Cycle and the Defenders of the North cycle are going to be repritned/redistributed with 60 cards (3 copies of each card in the pack) rather than 40 (3 copies of 10 cards and 1 copy of 10 cards)

As for Kings of the Sea, the distributor screwed up and forgot to import Kings of the Sea. You'll have to either get it from Europe or from the US. Eaglecard.org has it in stock, and they've also got most of the packs that are out of print in the UK (Except for the King's Landing Cycle, which was very popular and is out of print everywhere)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, that's the basic situation in a nutshell. Both Guru and Gameslore are great online shops; but a lot of stuff is sold out at the moment (which I guess is a good thing, in a way).

Also, if you're anywhere near London, feel free to come along to the local AGOT LCG group for games. We usually do sessions about once a month and we're very new player friendly (it's not a competitive 'mini-tournament' sort of event) and our next gathering is in a week's time: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/690949/london-game-of-throne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a word, you know there is no mechanical or game related reason to buy the various things in the order they came out right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
@evilm2twjunkie: Thanks a lot man! Those stores look good, sucks about the Kings of the Sea screwup; I wanted to get a Greyjoy deck up and running. Are there any other particular chapter packs that would be good for that?

That's excellent about cycles being reprinted, hopefully with the tv show taking off there'll be a big boost to production/demand.

@Max Fightmaster: Yeah I guess in a way it is a good thing! I live in Norwich, very rarely venture to London but thanks a lot for the offer

@Agent 57: Yeah I know but it seemed like a good way to set about getting all of the cards. With the difficulties in stuff being out of stock/out of print I think I'll have to abandon that notion though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.