Recommend
26 
 Thumb up
 Hide
177 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: September 2011 European Maths Trade Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for discussions relating to the September 2011 European Maths Trade.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/71827/september-2011-e...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I have a request to make. Could you look into my for-trade list, and tell me which games as a bundle you would be interested in? I am looking to decrease my collection and to make "fair trades" (lots of smaller games for a "bigger" game). You could also make public suggestions, but I thought that maybe that would crowd the discussion thread.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
Hi all, I have a request to make. Could you look into my for-trade list, and tell me which games as a bundle you would be interested in? I am looking to decrease my collection and to make "fair trades" (lots of smaller games for a "bigger" game). You could also make public suggestions, but I thought that maybe that would crowd the discussion thread.

My advice is not to ask, just offer some, since the game you which part with can attract the attention of someone, so leading to his offer of thngs that you can be interested into.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be on the lookout for the following Memoir 44 expansions:
Terrain Pack
Eastern Front
Pacific Theater
Winter Wars
Operation Overlord
Breakthrough
Tigers in the Snow
Hedgerow Hell
Disaster at Dieppe

Also looking to obtain:
Egizia
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the lookout for:

Memoir '44 base set
Heroscape sets
Command and Colours: Ancients
Ticket to Ride: Nordic
Power Grid

thanks

Matt
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in:

Combat Commander: Europe
Brass: Lancashire
London
Rallyman
Dominant Species
El Grande - the Decennial Edition
Letters from Whitechapel
Thunderstone: Dragonspire
Ghost Stories

to keep this short
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crosfield
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Can anyone help.

I am trying to put photos in for sweetners and I hit the insert image icon (camera) but get the message, no image id identified. Where should I be putting the image ID.

Many thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Chertsey,
Surrey.UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
if you use the Insert Geek Image icon then you get a box saying

Enter Image Id,

If you enter nothing then you get teh error message

Error! No Imageid specified.

If this isn't working for you something odd is happening !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crosfield
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jamessinden wrote:
if you use the Insert Geek Image icon then you get a box saying

Enter Image Id,

If you enter nothing then you get teh error message

Error! No Imageid specified.

If this isn't working for you something odd is happening !


Many thanks, my browser was set up incorrectly and blocked the pop up script box. Sorted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this has been asked and answered in the past, but I am fairly new to the European Math Trades, so please pardon my question.

Why is the European Math Trade an event that happens every other month? From the looks of it, there is enough interest for this to be a monthly event. If it is related to the fact that it's a very time consuming for the organizer, I would like to apologize in advance - I am already grateful for the time and energy it is invested in such a Math Trade, to make it a positive experience for everybody involved.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Blum
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the main reason is, that every other month there is a Uk only and a Germany only math trade. In these you can offer heavier games since you know, that you only have to ship them nationally. So nobody wants to destroy the other trade by competition, hence the two month format.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ueli blum wrote:
I guess the main reason is, that every other month there is a Uk only and a Germany only math trade.


As well as Italian, Polish and French math trades (and maybe others I'm not aware of). Some of these other math trades have rules that allow traders from other countries to join in if they're willing to pay additional shipping, so you might want to check them out next month.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple wants:

1960: The Making of the President
Adventures by Gaslight
The Queen's Park Affair
West End Adventures
Ambush!
Android
Chrononauts (any incarnation)
Formula Dé
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Railways of Europe
Railways of England and Wales
Star Wars Minis
D&D Minis

Various and sundry RPGs

Non-gaming:
First editions of Agatha Christie, Robert B. Parker and Three Investigators mysteries
Complete Peanuts books
Also looking for assorted first editions of fantasy and science fiction novels. Drop me a geekmail if you happen to be clearing your shelves...

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cafeine wrote:
ueli blum wrote:
I guess the main reason is, that every other month there is a Uk only and a Germany only math trade.


As well as Italian, Polish and French math trades (and maybe others I'm not aware of). Some of these other math trades have rules that allow traders from other countries to join in if they're willing to pay additional shipping, so you might want to check them out next month.



Exactly these reasons!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
E Decker wrote:


Non-gaming:
First editions of Agatha Christie, Robert B. Parker and Three Investigators mysteries
Complete Peanuts books
Also looking for assorted first editions of fantasy and science fiction novels. Drop me a geekmail if you happen to be clearing your shelves...

Thanks!


http://bookmooch.com/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guest Starring...
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
E Decker wrote:


Non-gaming:
First editions of Agatha Christie, Robert B. Parker and Three Investigators mysteries
Complete Peanuts books
Also looking for assorted first editions of fantasy and science fiction novels. Drop me a geekmail if you happen to be clearing your shelves...

Thanks!


http://bookmooch.com/

Nothing wrong with looking at more than one source... Besides, geeks need that bookshelf space for more games!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been participating to the EU/French math trades, and every time I want to edit and "re-use" the formatting of an entry I could not trade the previous time I find the same problem:

You are not the owner of this list

Does anybody know a trick to avoid re-formatting everything from scratch?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is because the Geeklists are locked for the want list submission period.

I keep a text file to where I copy & paste my item descriptions. From there I just have to copy them back in the next trade. You can also create a private Geeklist for yourself with the items and copy the descriptions from there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
This is because the Geeklists are locked for the want list submission period.

I keep a text file to where I copy & paste my item descriptions. From there I just have to copy them back in the next trade. You can also create a private Geeklist for yourself with the items and copy the descriptions from there.


? OLWLG keeps the formatting for me. Do you mean that you submit games through the GeekList every time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the question I assumed that Miguel does not use OLWLG for adding items because there the solution would be obvious: select the last trade, add the items :)

Personally, I just don't like the OLWLG interface. I only use it for running my trades. As a participant, I use it as less as possible. I am much faster with my own pre-OLWLG-system :)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
the solution would be obvios: select the last trade, add the items


AWESOMENESS!!! I'm a regular user in the Euro MT and didn't knew about this! Thanks for sharing! I bet many others don't know also...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's exactly the problem with the OLWLG: A really great tool with a really horrible interface. It can do so much but many users just never seem to discover these functions.

So I should rephrase my original answer to this:

Use the OLWLG for adding items, it will keep all your previous items accessible. Just click the "Add/offer game" icon below the current trade and then select one of your previous trades from the drop-down menu. It will then display all your items from that trade and you can add them to the current trade from there.

OR

If you don't like to use OLWLG, just keep a copy of your items in a text file or in a private Geeklist on BGG and copy & paste your items from there.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
Yeah, that's exactly the problem with the OLWLG: A really great tool with a really horrible interface. It can do so much but many users just never seem to discover these functions.

So I should rephrase my original answer to this:

Use the OLWLG for adding items, it will keep all your previous items accessible. Just click the "Add/offer game" icon below the current trade and then select one of your previous trades from the drop-down menu. It will then display all your items from that trade and you can add them to the current trade from there.

OR

If you don't like to use OLWLG, just keep a copy of your items in a text file or in a private Geeklist on BGG and copy & paste your items from there.


For me there is no alternative. The interface may not be that advanced, but with the exception of duplicate protection settings, is quite ok. Remember to donate something and maybe it will get better in the future.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Radford
United Kingdom
Brentwood
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ueli blum wrote:
I guess the main reason is, that every other month there is a Uk only and a Germany only math trade.


Oooh, I didn't know there was a UK only math trade. Can somebody PM link me to the latest one please?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the last.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/70508/august-2011-uk-m...

Contact Russell to get your name added.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.