Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the MOD Card are as stated:

"MOD Card- This card lets you decrease your hand, while increasing your opponents' hands! When you play the Mod card, call out a color from your hand that you want to give away. Then, starting with the player to your left and going clockwise, give one card to each opponent in order until you run out of cards of that color (it's okay if players do not receive the same number of cards). This card is also a Wild card, so you call the color in play and play resumes in the current direction. If this card is turned up at the beginning of the game, the action is disreguarded and the person to the left of the dealer chooses the color that begins play."

So my question is this: 1. Does the color you choose for the wild have to be the one that you pick to pass to the others? 2. Or can you pick two separate colors?

In a two player game it would go like this (if #1 is true): I play a "MOD Card" choosing Blue. I pass all my blue cards to my opponent. They play one. Then obviously I don't have anymore blue, so I have to draw? Seems dumb.

The wording of the rules makes me lean towards #2, that there is two choices. Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Simpson
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first few times we played (2-Player) we thought the same thing. I think you're only supposed to choose one color, which would work with other players, but in a 2-Player game it does seem dumb. We play with two separate choices now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it reads, "this card is also a Wild card," i assume that the color of play could be different than the color you gave away. If you're permitted to go out using the Mod card, you could certainly catch people off guard with this card, which is always good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Redman
msg tools
We didn't like the new UNO MOD rule. No one felt satisfied when going out and the win was unfuffiling. So we changed the rule!

House Rule: When you use the MOD card and lose all your cards, you must draw ONE card, declare UNO and your turn ends.
--You can not play the card that was drawn.
--If you forget to declare UNO while drawing a card you are subject to being called out and must draw another card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.