A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Captain Groleo and Prosperity and Plenty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fred Obedoza
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Captain Groleo is in play on an opponent's play area and I play Prosperity and Plenty to retrieve Lightbringer from my discard pile, can the Captain claim power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No.

The attachment isn't revealed (because P&P doesn't specifically use the word 'reveal') and it isn't "played" from the discard pile (P&P's text simply says to attach it directly to the character). As such, Groleo can't do his thing and grab a power point (even though that does feel a little bit weird).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Unger
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
A Lannister always pays his debts.
badge
"There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes."
mbmbmbmb
No. Captain Groleo can only trigger his ability when an attachment is "played" (which specifically refers to playing it from the hand during the marshalling phase, see FAQ p. 10) or "revealed" (which is also specifically mentioned in the text of a card). "Prosperity and Plenty" does not make an attachment to be played or revealed.

Edit: Meh, I shouldn't leave the reply window open in the background. BGG users are sneaky ninjas ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.