Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

when making an encounter in Arkham, Darrell draws two cards. What happens if he chooses an encounter which tells him : Go "there" and draw two cards. Does he draw two cards or three?

same question with Gloria in Other Worlds.

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Darrel (and gloria) effect should be told : draw an extra card and choose which one to resolve.

So, if you get an encouter telling you to go to a certain place and draw two encounter, you draw three of them, and choose which one you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:
The Darrel (and gloria) effect should be told : draw an extra card and choose which one to resolve.

So, if you get an encouter telling you to go to a certain place and draw two encounter, you draw three of them, and choose which one you get.
Absolutely sure? because this is for the reedition of the French Arkham Horror.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not absolutely sure, but I would argue to the contrary: The effect of his first encounter (where he was allowed to choose) is that he draws 2 cards. That encounter-effect is IMHO not an encounter where he can use his ability...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dean
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've got this one covered in the FAQ:

"Q: What happens when characters that get to draw extra encounter cards at locations (Darrell Simmons for Arkham encounters and Gloria Goldberg for Other World encounters) have an encounter that instructs them to draw 2 cards and choose 1 to encounter?

A: When instructed to draw 2 cards and choose 1, these investigators draw an extra card – which means they draw 3 cards and choose 1 to encounter."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you all, so I will change those two investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.