Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do any of the Zooloretto expansions work with Mini? I'm pretty much sold on Mini as it is, but I am curious if I'd be able to expand it should the game become as big a hit as I suspect it could with my family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why some of the smaller expansions included in Zooloretto: Rio Grande Games Expansion Pack #1 wouldn't work with Mini. Most of them just add extra tiles or components and the size of the Mini tiles are the same as those in the larger game. Exotic and Boss won't work, though, because they add new parts to the board. Not sure if XXL would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, mostly I'd be interested in adding animal types until my youngest is a little older and able to grasp the full mechanics of Zooloretto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
But there are no new animal types in any of the expansions (except Exotic).

You can download all of the expansions (except XXL, Exotic and Boss) here:

http://zooloretto.com/zooUS.html

Three Extra Enclosures wouldn't work, as the animals are different

The Petting Zoo wouldn't work as it provide coins which are not used in Mini.

Three Extra Buildings wouldn't work, as they are stalls which are not used in Mini, or cost coins, which are not used in Mini.

Building Sites could be used, except for the Stall building sites.

Polar Bear could be used, but as there are not one but three size-6 enclosurese, your would have to house rule it.

Job Boards wouldn't work, as the animals are different.

The Savings Book wouldn't work, as it requires coins which is not part of Mini.

The Gorilla wouldn't work as it requires coins which are not part of Mini.

The Reindeer could be used.

King K. wouldn't work as it requires coins which are not part of Mini.

Grizzley wouldn't work as it requires coins which are not part of Mini.

Christmas Tree wouldn't work as it requires coins which are not part of Mini.

Lynx wouldn't work as it requires money actions/coins which are not part of Mini.

Octopus wouldn't work as it requires coins which are not part of Mini.

Big Boss is strictly for Zooloretto Boss.

The Training Camp and Three Co-Worker Tiles are strictly for Aquaretto.

The Trains are strictly for Aquaretto.

The Chameleon is strictly for Zooloretto Exotic.

Personally I wouldn't get any of the expansions for Mini, unless you are prepared to do some adjustment and house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
But there are no new animal types in any of the expansions (except Exotic).

Aha - did not know that. So perhaps my next purchases would be the main game and then Exotic (should the kids enjoy this as much as I think they will). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would advice you to go to Rio Grandes homepage, and check out the rules first.

Zooloretto is a bit more complicated than Zooloretto Mini, and Exotic adds extra boards where the new animals can go, a swell as spectators.

If you just want more animals for Zooloretto Mini, I would advice you to go to http://zooloretto.com/zooUS.html and print the Giraffes, Rhinos and Wildboars.

The animals from Zooloretto could be used in Mini, but the Exotic animals wouldn't work as they are a whole different ballgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.