Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey LeClair
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am wanting to buy a new game soon and have narrow my choice to either AoC or Ikusa. i use to own the original Shogun back when it first came out years ago and really enjoyed it. i have never played nor seen AoC played but it appears to have more depth than Ikusa. Am i correct in this assumption? If anyone owns both or has played both please comment on veiws of the differences and your preference between the two. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hildebrandt
United States
Fort Washington
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AoC is more complex than Shogun/Ikusa, but I like it more. AoC has no player elimination, and does not suffer from the whoever-get-stuck-in-the-center-of-the-board-loses problem. Plus, there is just a whole lot more to do in Aoc -- in addition to sending out your armies for outright conquest, you can dispatch your agents to subvert other nations, summon dark sorcery to aid your cause, and, of course, Conan himself might join your side (or fight against you).

--Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to second everything that LucasTrask says above. I have both AoC and Ikusa/Shogun/SamSwrds. AoC is a deeper game and has better bits too. There is much more going on in AoC. The different players have different strengths and weaknesses, you never know where Conan is going to be headed, the route to victory may lie in conquest one game and diplomacy the next.

But all that aside, Ikusa got rid of the swords and AoC has cooler dice.

Game, set and match IMO. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played Ikusa (or any of its' incarnations), but I can tell you AoC is really, really great!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.