Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Imperial 2030» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone got an expansion pack they are interested in selling or trading? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. I have not played the new version yet (though I am a big fan of the original imperial) but some local gamers thought the addition of the other "big bond" made the ownership of the different nations less fluid and was not an improvement over the original. So based on those comments, I'm looking to get a copy of the expansion pack instead of buying the full game.

Anyone got an expansion pack they want to part with?

Anyone think my impression based on my friend's comments is dead wrong?

I'd appreciate information on either question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just purchased the original Imperial and the expansion kit for Imperial 2030. Since Imperial is now on its third edition, most of the changes introduced in I2030 have now been incorporated in the original game, notably:

1. the 9-Million bonds are now in Imperial, too. Initial money and bond distribution is accordingly changed.

2. The Swiss Bank has been incorporated in Imperial (you'll find 3 SB tokens inside the box, just like in I2030).

3. The 60 wooden disks used for taxation have been replaced with 90 cardboard flags, exactly like in I2030.

The only notably difference between Imperial and Imperial 2030 is now the board, with 2030 having different province distribution, more neutral areas, a board that is now circular (east and west are connected), presence o the 2 canals (Panama and Suez).

The 2 boards provide a different flavor to the same game, which is quite nice, but I don't think there are enough changes now to own both and even the expansion kit is just a bit too pricey for what you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note, some components of Imperial have also been reshaped in the 3rd edition:

- the size of all cardboard tokens (bonds, flags, Swiss banks, investor card, player aids) now matches that of the tokens in Imperial 2030. The bonds, in particular, are smaller and therefore sit more comfortably on the board

- the size of the fleet tokens has been considerably reduced. Also, their shape is now different (they only have one chimney, now) and resemble (or equal?) that of the Imperial 2030 ships

- this has nothing to do with I2030, but the paper money, too, has been redesigned, now showing faces of famous statesmen of the early 1900s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.