Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game yet but have several questions after reading the rules all relating to page 23.

1.If two heroes are working together on an adventure and one elects to camp down, does that hero still get full glory if the other hero completes the adventure?

2. If two heroes are in a fight as part of resolving a danger, can the hero not doing the current fight round exert to add extra adventure dice to the hero that is fighting? Is a fight test considered a skill test when resolving a danger?

3. If two heroes are in a fight, they may choose in which order they fight. If it is A then B, if the fight goes to a third round, can it be B then A?

4. "When it comes to a fight with a villian, each hero must fight on their own." I don't understand the significance of that statement. How is it different from fighting a normal enemy other than a fight with a villian is limited to one round? Does it mean that if hero A knocks out the villian, hero B must still apply and damage the villian does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinelli
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game, but haven't played yet. These answers are based on my two readings of the rule book.

1. Yes.
2. If the hero is involved in the fight, yes. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. I thought this rule meant that the first hero to fight the villain would do so until one of them was knocked out. If the villain was knocked out, yay! If the hero was knocked out, then the second hero would begin fighting the villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My answers:

1. No. The hero that camps down will get the glory from tests passed at the point he or she camps down.
2. Exerting is only possible during Cliffhanger Tests and Escape Tests, so no. A fight is not a test although some rules are similar.
3. No. You have to stick to the same order.
4. Yeah, it seems a bit of a pointless statement. I guess the point is that each hero must face the villain - unlike with Danger Tests you don't get just one hero to roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagpuss42 wrote:
2. Exerting is only possible during Cliffhanger Tests and Escape Tests, so no. A fight is not a test although some rules are similar.

Well, page 23 of the rules: "Any Heroes present that are not the one taking the current Test are allowed to Exert to add extra Adventure Dice (even if it is not a Cliffhanger)".

It talks about tests, when on an adventure facing dangers. Why would you rule Fights out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Bagpuss42 wrote:

Well, page 23 of the rules: "Any Heroes present that are not the one taking the current Test are allowed to Exert to add extra Adventure Dice (even if it is not a Cliffhanger)".

It talks about tests, when on an adventure facing dangers. Why would you rule Fights out?

Ah, another rule I missed, despite being in one of the white "look at me" boxes. I think I'd still discount fights, since they have their own rules just below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagpuss42 wrote:
NasosP wrote:
Bagpuss42 wrote:

Ah, another rule I missed, despite being in one of the white "look at me" boxes. I think I'd still discount fights, since they have their own rules just below.

I know what you're saying, it makes sense, I just thought you've spotted it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.