José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a dramatically tense game session, sweeting the whole hour to stop the chinese waves ninjawithout successyuk . last card played and just the Italian legation was standing up with only 1 PC !! and the Relief Column was so near in Fung Chow cry, Tough really tough game. But fun very fun.
Well I wanted to set up the game with the historical order but after reading the explanation in the shaded box I still do not understand how to arrange the whole cards set deck, it is quite confusing to me shake.

Another question : can the international gun fire chinese already in the wall spaces??

I did not fully understood how to apply the rule 7.5 Intelligence?

And just for curiosity I wonder if there is a historical reason why the Russian legation has that minus 1 in the melee, they aren't very helpful by close combat those guys !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose - I'm so pleased you found the game challenging and fun! That's what I was going for.

The headline cards are numbered so if you play them in ascending order, you will play the historical timeline. The event cards have letters instead of numbers and you can leave them out if you want a purely historical game...but those cards can be a real help...or a real pain ;-)

Yes, the International Gun can fire on Chinese in the Wall space.

I don't have rules in front of me but I believe rule 7.5 allows you to know the result of an attack before declaring the next target...in case you want to hit the same group again.

Thanks for the nationality modifier question - during the siege of the Legations, the Russians had a hard time keeping men out of the field hospital no matter how seriously wounded they were, thus the +1 to casualties - the Japanese were the opposite and returned badly wounded men to the line and so they get a -1 to casualties.

Thanks again for writing and I hope you get a resounding victory soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarinu wrote:

And just for curiosity I wonder if there is a historical reason why the Russian legation has that minus 1 in the melee, they aren't very helpful by close combat those guys !!

The Russians were just canon balls of the Legations - expendable at 8 combat power and should be placed on the West Wall for safer placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
professorwelch wrote:

Hi John,

It seems that it is not consistent with 7.2 Fire Attacks where Fire Attacks are not allowed against Chinese units in the Wall or Street Fighting spaces. The International Gun is a type of fire attack as it requires To Hit dieroll. Can you clarify on that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
professorwelch wrote:

Hi John,

It seems that it is not consistent with 7.2 Fire Attacks where Fire Attacks are not allowed against Chinese units in the Wall or Street Fighting spaces. The International Gun is a type of fire attack as it requires To Hit dieroll. Can you clarify on that?

Indeed. I'd like clarification too. During my first game I wasn't firing on Chinese on the wall with the International Gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.