Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maege's Commit Ability is to have a controlled unit attack twice. Nice and easy when attacking an enemy that isn't stalwart, but what if they are? I'm presuming that the order of events would go:

Maege attacks.
Enemy counterattacks.
Maege does second attack.
Enemy does second counterattack.

But there could be an argument for Maege attacking twice, then the enemy just gets a single counterattack at the end.

Doesn't come up that often, I'd guess - but any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
But there could be an argument for Maege attacking twice, then the enemy just gets a single counterattack at the end.

What is the argument for this?

I believe that Maege's controlled unit attacks twice normally, allowing any counterattacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selon Thart
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Judging from the text it sounds like two seperate attacks, which would lead to two separate counter-attacks if the defender is stalwart. I don't have the exact wording in my head right now, but I believe the wording would even allow the unit to attack two different units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KenToad wrote:
Quote:

What is the argument for this?

Rules lawyering?

I've been soloing to get to grips with the rules before teaching it to the group, and wanted to make sure I'd covered all the arguments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.