Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question - while the US is neutral, there are restrictions on where the US Navy can go. How about the air units? Can the US transfer aircraft to land in UK/ANZAC territories, either in Europe or Pacific, while not at war? If so, what happens if those territories are attacked? (example - US strategic bomber in England. Germany invades England. What happens to the US bomber?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 100% sure that somewhere in the rules it says that neutrals can't place units in other nations' territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true. Also, in the box rules, the US may not move ships into sea zones adjacent to Europe or Africa while neutral. In the Alpha+3 rules, the US may not move ships adjacent to Japanese-controlled territories in the Pacific, or into sea zones that are not adjacent to US territories (except for sea zone 102) on the Europe map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. We did eventually find that information. I have to say, it got a bit confusing today when we were flipping between Alpha+2 rules, FAQ's, Europe, and Pacific rules. I long for the day of the single, consolidated, revised rulebook!

PS - as the Japanese player, I also long for better die rolls when facing the US Navy! angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. F. Pedersen
Denmark
København
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Jah, I think we are all longing for a complete revised (and playtestet) 1940 rulebook, so it is not so confusing.... and I´m sure both Krieghund and Larry is working hard to get that accomplished as soon as possible, so hopefully we´ll see that pretty soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.