Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: Convention Website Help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi all,

I'm the Con Chair for my university's gaming convention. We have had a lot of problems in the past having a convention website that has a working registration system. I was wondering if anyone out there who has rights to their convention's website would be willing to sell us the code for a modest sum so that we could have a working reg system for our 2012 con. We don't have members with a lot of coding knowledge, and hiring a professional is out of our budget. So if your gaming group would like to make a little money for something that would otherwise just be sitting there, please contact me. I can give out more details if anyone is interested. We're a non-profit student group, so it would be really awesome if we could work something out.

Thanks,

JoHannah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly do you need it to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you located? What is your con? There is a lot of software out there and what software you need depends on a lot of factors. If you are using Joomla as your website software I can suggest a moderately priced registration software...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, our current website is www.simcon.org. It's super-glitchy though. We need a website that will allow people to create accounts where they can create and edit events for the con, and register for other peoples' events. It also needs to have an admin account or accounts so that the people in charge can post news stories, and stuff like that. If the events could be exported to a pdf, that would make con-booklet creation a lot easier, but a working reg system is really the main thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We're located in Rochester, NY, and it's SIMCON. I'm not sure what website software we use. How much is "moderately priced?"

Thanks,

Jo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest looking at Joomla for you site content and then DT Register for the registration software, DT Register was $75 last I priced it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks! That's actually really helpful. That's definitely do-able for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.