Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lear
United Kingdom
Lewes
Sussex
flag msg tools
With skill his story will unfold
mbmbmb
This has come up a couple of times and I'd be interested to know how other people play it.

The rules say that you are not allowed to end a round (turn? I think it's a round) with one character in the same square as another. You are allowed to do eg walk-close combat-walk all at once in a round. So it seems from the rules that you can make the close combat command while standing on the same square as another character (on your side obviously). But this somehow feels wrong. Walking past someone is one thing. Standing in their personal space while wielding a circular saw, then marching off again... well it seems a bit rude.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Do you insist that each walk action ends with the character on its own square?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a huge flaw in this game is the confusion between turns and rounds. You have to think of them backwards, i.e. a turn is a round.

Therefore a Turn is a series of Rounds.

But you cannot ever end your movement in the same square as another character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny, I never thought for a second that the reversal of the turn /round structure would be more logical, but I think it may be because english is not my primary language. A turn is made up of a series of rounds in which the players take turn making decisions about their characters' actions... I can see why the concept of a turn and the action of taking turns may make it seem backwards.
Then again, D&D has done the exact same thing since the 80s

About the movement restrictions; KenToad is right
It also means that you cannot duel for interruption if the only time you have LoS to the active character is while passing through a friendly character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.