Subject: Office lunch break (Quarriors or King of Tokyo?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of months ago I introduced Dominion to my work colleagues. Since then it has become the office's official lunch break game. Everyone loves it but playing everyday is getting repetitive.
I want to buy something else for the office break but I've been trying to decide on either get Quarriors! or King of Tokyo.
Which one would you choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how much time you have.

King of Tokyo is super quick and fun. It's a dice combat game, where you get 3 rolls to roll the results you want. Totally different than Quarriors.

Quarriors is fun too, but not quite as fast. Similar to Dominion in some ways. Combat feels a little similar to Magic The Gathering.

I enjoy both. Less thought involved in King of Tokyo, but it also made my game group cheer loudly as two of us got great rolls back to back.

I've only played each one a handful of times. Replay value might be questionable.

Buy both and alternate between the two?

I'm glad I own both, they are different enough to me to make it worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get both, but if I had to pick one, maybe King of Tokyo. It plays with more people, and it's a completely different kind of game. Quarriors is based on Dominion, so if people are sick of that, Quarriors might not be enough of a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll stick to King of Tokyo for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King of Tokyo you can't go wrong. I was originally going to pass on it, but my friend swore it would be awesome even without playing it.

Lo and behold, he was right!

Awesome game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote for King of Tokyo also if for no other reason than you stated you guys already have Dominion under your belt for some time now. Change it up with KOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of thanks for all the suggestions. I'd just ordered King of Tokyo. Really excited about this one. It seems like real fun !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.