Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GRID All/Optional/Expert

Shares Use Of Powers

You have the power to Convey. As main player or ally, you may use this power to lend one of your other powers to any player also involved in the encounter on any side of the encounter. The player has full use of the power until the end of the encounter. You still have use of the power as well. If it matters who gets to use the power first you decide. A Cosmic Zap against the loaned power zaps it for both of you.

HISTORY: Rare it is to find an altruistic race in the cosmos. The Grid are among them, freely offering their help to all. Only the cynics take note of the Grids' desire to help everyone everywhere all the time. Would the universe eventually depend upon them?

Use Only In Muti-Power Games
Player Cannot Also Have Pod or Hex

FLARE

All
Wild: As main player or ally, you may loan your hand to another player involved in the encounter for the rest of the encounter. Any of these cards are returned to you at the end of the encounter whether or not they are played, discarded, removed from the game, or other players get them.

All
Super: As main player or ally, you may use any one power of the player to whom you loaned a power. That player can still use his power. If it matters who gets to use the power first you decide.

Commentary: This is a meta-power learned from Jack Reda's website. The power is from the site; the History and Flare are mine. I don't know if the original author was inspired by or purposely wanted to make Wild Philanthropist a power, but this is an interesting one. As with Replicant, though, this power's strength is highly dependent upon your other power(s). Grid/Pacifist or Grid/Virus is nice. Grid/Parasite is pointless unless you have a third power that's useful to loan whenever you feel like.

The original wording of the power was not clear to me whether or not Grid was able to use the loaned power as well. The subject was not broached. I added to the power to specify Grid can still use the power.

I'd rule that if you're loaned a power, you can use the Super Flare of that power. If you use the house rule in multi-power games that upon losing your third home colony you only lose one of your powers instead of all, the next loss base is loss of another power, and so on, if you are at less than three colonies you can still use freely the loaned power.

Grid/Pentaform - Your power is Pentaform. The player you loan Pentaform to uses the life stage based upon his foreign colonies, which can be different from yours.

Grid/Plant - If the person you loan Plant to decides to graft Grid from you, avoid paradox by fiat. You used Grid. You were able to loan Plant. That you no longer have Grid is irrelevant. The other player can still use Grid as normal and has Plant already used.

Grid/Reincarnator - The person you loan Reincarnator to has that power and its current incarnation. If the player loses, Reincarnator gets a new incarnation, even if you are on the opposing winning side, but his own powers are not reincarnated.

Grid/Changeling - The person you loan Changeling to uses the power as normal. His opponent gets Changeling. At the end of the encounter, you get back the power Changeling was used upon.

Grid/Filth - Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!

Gerald Katz
Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... this is one of those things I'd have to play before deciding if I liked it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.